• Register
  • Help

Topic: would like to hear more from Opus 1

Share/Bookmark

would like to hear more from Opus 1

I've been considering getting the Opus 1 and 2 bundle. I've listened to the demos on the Vienna site but would like to hear some more. Would anyone like to place some links to their songs done with Opus 1?

Thanks, David M.

Re: would like to hear more from Opus 1

Hi David,

Check out:

This,

this,

this,

this,
    and this.

These items were all done as part of my giga/opus learning curve, as well as on tight deadlines, so please don't make any negative jugements based on the programming or mixing. There isn't much there that wouldn't fare well in more capable hands, but I think it will give you some ideas.

p.s. The trumpet in "Welcome Home", is from the Westgate content included with GS3...not opus 1's.

Belbin

Thank you Belbin. I love the strings in Opus. And the woodwinds. I like all of it. "The Sparrow" was very nice. Beautiful voice too.

David M.

I did this one to demonstrate the plugin I wrote for Sibelius that works with Opus1.

Quote Originally Posted by commalot
    Thank you Belbin. I love the strings in Opus. And the woodwinds. I like all of it. "The Sparrow" was very nice. Beautiful voice too.

David M.
    Glad you enjoyed. Yes, opus is a very good library, though I can't say that from having any other large orchestral collections to compare it against. Just my opinion of the thing in itself. Seems to me that its few limitations are made fewer by the fact that careful programming and mixing together with good orchestration can conceal most or all of its shortcomings. It's also woth noting that these "shortcomings" are of the type typical of most if not all sample libraries, and that they only exist in relation to newer and/or larger (more expensive!) libraries.

Note: Although I'm glad you enjoyed the sparrow, I can take credit for none of it save for the orchestra and the mix (those two vocalists with their huge dynamic ranges rendered any form of compression useless! Therefore the engineer, a hardware-only type of guy who suffers from both fader-fetishism and automation-aversion, had me do a bunch of automation on it.) Not my song, not my voice, not my piano playing. I am proud of the strings/winds, though, and can't wait till I get time to finish the tune.

Thanks for your kind words, and best of luck with your buying decision.

Belbin

Go Back to forum