• Register
  • Help

Topic: Vienna Symphonic VI users

Vienna Symphonic VI users

I have a G5 Dual 2.0 with 3GB of ram is that enough to run Chamber Strings VI?

Re: Vienna Symphonic VI users

Judging from the information on Vienna's website, the answer would seem to be "yes."
    Dan Powers

"It's easier to be a composer than it is to compose."
    --Ray Luke (1928-2010)

I read some posts in their forum (not many, but a few) that suggested that there are some issues with such a large library. This will be the largest that I've purchased and I wanted the feedback.

Second question: are users satisfied with the standard library or is it more effective with the extended library, as well?

Okay. Can anyone tell me if the Chamber Strings V.I. useful without the extended version or do you need both to experience the essence of the library?

If you want to compose without always being in need of having the abilities/limitations of the sample library in mind that you want to use to realize your music, you certainly would need the extended version of Chamber Strings. At least, this is my experience.

That makes sense, Mike.

Can you (or any Chamber Strings VI users) post some music, so that I can hear the strings, in the "real world"?

Thanks again for the reply.

These are two snippets of a piece of mine where I have used Chamber Strings (Concerto Classico for Guitar and Chamber Orchestra). I have to mention though that I have layered the Chamber Strings with the VSL Solo Strings:

But anyhow, if you haven't already done so, you may listen to a lot of demos at the VSL Website

These sound great. Are you using the full libraries? I like the idea of mixing the Solo Strings with the Chamber Strings. I want to try to slightly detune the Solo String patches to emulate "individual expression". Do you think that would work?

Go Back to forum