• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: new member / music from the future

Smile new member / music from the future

Hi - I've been digging through this forum and found some excellent advice and some great music. I don't think you guys will like my music though- it's not exactly traditional, I'd like you to give it a listen. I use GPO, but realism isn't really my goal. I play and I edit using a sequencer, layering rendered audio to create an audio collage - so there's no way I could transcribe my compositions. I love classical sounds and use GPO in every tune I write, however I write futuristic sounding music. Here's a recent mellow one...

I like feedback and to meet like-minded people. Christian

Re: new member / music from the future

Your URL is broken. The file could not be accessed.

In the future, check your own links, after posting, to make sure that they are working.

Larry G. Alexander

Thanks - school boy spelling error.

You must not be using the same GPO sample library that I use. I don't recognize (Brit.-recognise) any of the sounds.

Larry G. Alexander

This is quite interesting. Nice use of samples from GPO and all. First impression is that it reminds me of V~~~~~~~ meets Trance Music. It has a very listenable quality to it. Nice mix work here too! Really a refreshing way to look at use of real instruments sampled. Thanks for sharing this.

Do some more!
    [Music is the Rhythm, Harmony and Breath of Life]
    "Music is music, and a note's a note" - Louis 'Satchmo' Armstrong

Welcome to the forum, Christian!

Fascinating piece of fusion work, I must say.

Very, very well done.

This may be a little foreign to some, but I eat
    this stuff up... lol. Wonderful coloristic work in
    it, plenty of energy, and a coherent, flowing
    development and execution.

And heck, it's just fun to listen to it... the ear
    likes it!

My best,

Thank you kindly for your feedback. I'm liking the direction my compositions are taking me, and seeking to learn more about realistic string sounds for what I'm working on now. I like gruff deep strings - are there specific recordings you could recommend I listen to?

David - I've been busy with your website, very sleek. I like what I've downloaded, going to find the time to listen to it properly. - Christian

Hi, my foot was tapping the whole way through your piece. Very interesting music... Enjoyed the use of the dance/club/tech-no beats and percussion over the modified orchestral instruments. Greatly appreciated the deep muddy walls of lower tones with the sharp chromatic edges of the right hand... maybe the piano and/or harp like instrument. Also, your form and use of development on themes seem very well organized and very creative... almost formal... Great job... looking forward to hearing more...

"...Wiktor's a Jekyll-Hyde personality..." - Lycos Music

Great, great, great! More of it please!

And yes, I recognize the sounds.

All your strings belong to me!

I suppose that I (alledgedly) have a pretty good musical ear (maybe) but I can't hear any Garritan Personal Orchestra samples in your post. i iIt is my wish to not be confrontational, but would you please tell us which GPO instruments you used?

Thanks and regards,

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast