• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Topic: Vista USB Drivers .... specifically Tascam US2400

Share/Bookmark

Vista USB Drivers .... specifically Tascam US2400

I am probably about a year and a half from upgrading to a Vista platfrom; I wish to audit each every piece of hardware and software I use for compatibility before I change.

But already I have heard at least one alarming report;
    - The Tascam Control surface US24000 does not seem to be working with vista. It is a device which relies on the generic Windows USB drivers.

Since the new Vista USB drivers are reported not work for it, I was wondering how many other midi interfaces will have trouble with it.

Hope its just a temporary glitch.

Vista does not support midi/game ports.
    www.naxosradio.com
    VSL Symphonic Cube, PLAY Gold, Project SAM, Altiverb, US2400, Cubase 4

Re: Vista USB Drivers .... specifically Tascam US2400

Since it's supposed to work with Windows generic MIDI, seems to me like Microsoft should provide backward compatibility for devices like that.

- G

We (Microsoft) know about the 2400 problem, and we're working with TASCAM to figure out where the issue is. It may take a while but I'll keep you informed with updates, workarounds, etc.

Pat
    Pat Azzarello
    http://www.patazzarello.com

Is there a solution at this moment to solve this problem? Is there a specific driver I can use to make the Tascam US2400 work in Windowsd Vista?

Will there be a fix for the class compliant device bug that is plaguing so many of us.. We run a recording studio as well as network management. Several of our midi class compliant device do not work in Vista, forcing us to use Xp sp2. This is a complete shame with the beauty and power of vista. .All these device work in XP so there seems no sensible reason not to fix Vista to comply :-) With the release soon of sp1 for vista will we see a fix. The last thing was said was that microsoft was working with tascam to solve this problem. I have personally spoken with the man in charge over at tascam and he says the problem has been identified and that the fix is ready and they are just waiting for microsoft to do a "hotfix"... so... will we see this ???

Zoe

I wanted to make a correction to my earlier post. It is not true that there is a fix ready, but it is true that microsoft DOES know what the problem is. And that this problem affects many other companies besides Tascam, it would be very nice...... and responsible to address this problem :-)

sorry to "bump" this.. but I do not know where else to turn to get an answer....Is this a possiblitiy to fix this ??

I just got a new computer with Vista Home Premium. I tried to install GVI, and there was an error message stating that something was not supported. Is there any way to get the Giga plug-in installed?

http://www.tascam.com/details;9,7,51,19.html

Download 3.60 then update to 3.64.

- G

Hi
    Does anyone know if the Tacam US2400 now works with Vista.

\my need has now become pressing. Current PC has just died on me and I need to know whether the replacement is going to be XP or Vista.

Thanks
    www.naxosradio.com
    VSL Symphonic Cube, PLAY Gold, Project SAM, Altiverb, US2400, Cubase 4

Go Back to forum