• Register
  • Help

Topic: Scarbee Giga samples on Mac? - .exe files not recognised

Share/Bookmark

Scarbee Giga samples on Mac? - .exe files not recognised

I've just got the SCARBEE J-Fingered Bass Library in Giga format. On the CD however, there is only a series of .exe files which I cannot get to work on my Mac.

Note, I do NOT have an Intel Mac.

How do I install the samples in OS X? - Do I have to install it on a Windows PC first and physically copy the samples? - Would that work? Would there be any disadvantage to that?

I'm a bit annoyed now. Nowhere in the requirements did it specify a PC was necessary. All help is appreciated.

Can I use Stuffit Expander to access the .exe files?

Does anyone have any experience of installing SCARBEE products on a Mac? All help is appreciated.

Re: Scarbee Giga samples on Mac? - .exe files not recognised

I had the same problem. The issue is that the format is giga 2. I had to ask Scarbee for the crossgrade ($35) in order to load the files into Halion3. Sounds like you have the same issue.

Good luck

It sounds like these are self expanding rar files containing the .gig files.
    Just drag and drop the .exe files onto the Stuff It Expander icon.

Hope this helps

Sorted. I installed the free Stuffit Expander, and this successfully extracted the .exe files on my PowerMac.

Furthermore, the .gig files converted fine in EXS24, with the key switching and mod wheel stuff works fine.

Thanks everyone for your help.

Go Back to forum