• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Another Auld Lang Syne [JABB]

Share/Bookmark

Another Auld Lang Syne [JABB]

Shut your eyes, and imagine two jaded function musicians sitting in a smoke filled, empty ballroom - ready to go home, but nothing waiting for them at home.

An understated, simple performance.

www.stradjazz.com/AuldLangSyne.mp3
    Richard N.

Finale 2003 to 2007 ~ Garritan GPO, JABB & Strad ~ Sonar 6PE ~ Kontakt 2 ~ WinXP Home SP2

Athlon XP 2200 ~ 1.5 Gb RAM ~ M-Audio Sound Card ~ M-Audio 88ES MIDI keyboard ~ Evolution MK-461C

Bach Strad LT16MG, LT36G, 42B + B&H Sovereign Studio Tenor Trombones ~ Holton 181 Bass Trombone ~ Getzen Bass Trumpet ~ Yamaha TR4335G Trumpet ~ B&H Euphonium

Re: Another Auld Lang Syne [JABB]

Hi Richard - lovely!!!!

Just right for listening to in the early hours of the morning - say 10 past one o'clock --- heavens, is that the time??? What am I doing sat in front of a computer at a time like that???

Great stuff Richard. Keep on swingin'!!!
    Jon

Right out of a "Bogie" picture..."Play it again, Sam". This was a wonderful melancholy rendition. I like it. What a mellow approach. Thanks, Richard for this fine rendition.
    [Music is the Rhythm, Harmony and Breath of Life]
    "Music is music, and a note's a note" - Louis 'Satchmo' Armstrong

Rich

Quote Originally Posted by jonray
    Hi Richard - lovely!!!!

Just right for listening to in the early hours of the morning - say 10 past one o'clock --- heavens, is that the time??? What am I doing sat in front of a computer at a time like that???

Great stuff Richard. Keep on swingin'!!!
    Jon
    Thanks Jon.
    Richard N.

Finale 2003 to 2007 ~ Garritan GPO, JABB & Strad ~ Sonar 6PE ~ Kontakt 2 ~ WinXP Home SP2

Athlon XP 2200 ~ 1.5 Gb RAM ~ M-Audio Sound Card ~ M-Audio 88ES MIDI keyboard ~ Evolution MK-461C

Bach Strad LT16MG, LT36G, 42B + B&H Sovereign Studio Tenor Trombones ~ Holton 181 Bass Trombone ~ Getzen Bass Trumpet ~ Yamaha TR4335G Trumpet ~ B&H Euphonium

Quote Originally Posted by RichR
    Right out of a "Bogie" picture..."Play it again, Sam". This was a wonderful melancholy rendition. I like it. What a mellow approach. Thanks, Richard for this fine rendition.
    Rich, thank you.

I don't know why but I have a leaning towards the melancholy...

I'm glad you enjoyed.
    Richard N.

Richard, this could well be the quintessential
    Auld Lang Syne for me... the perfect
    interpretation.

Thanks for this one.

David
    www.DavidSosnowski.com

David, thank you.

It makes a good start to the day to read such a nice comment.
    Richard N.

Really wonderful!
    Was waiting for a smooth trombone...

Aaah, I loved it, Richard. Feedback you've already gotten is the perfect response--admiration for the melancholic, late-night mood of your arrangement.

Did you notice that I made "Auld Lang Syne" my first JABB project? I posted it as a holiday greeting to everyone here at the Garritan Forums--That thread is here at the Listening Room. From sad and reflective (yours), to up beat and optimistic (mine), with just a touch of the requisite nostalgia included.

Happy New Year!

rbowser

Beautiful work, Richard! Hapy New Year!

As I pack up tonight (next year!) after my New Years' Eve gig, I'll think about your rendition...

Regards,

Jim
    RealSax.com "When you need real sax in your tracks."
    http://www.realsax.com

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast