• Register
  • Help

Topic: Regarding G.A.N.G. (Game Audio Network Guild)

Regarding G.A.N.G. (Game Audio Network Guild)

Hi everyone, and thank you for a great forum!

I've recently completed scoring my first title which is scheduled to be out on the PC/Xbox/Playstation next year. Previously I've written music for television, comecials and short films.

The experience I had scoring this game was great. I really liked the company I was working for and the challenge in doing the music was something I would really love to go through again.

I'm now looking for another title to score. I bought George Alistair Sanger's "The Fat Man on Game Audio" and Aaron Marks' "The Complete Guide to Game Audio" - both books I really enjoyed reading and moreover, they both mention G.A.N.G.

G.A.N.G. seems like a very interesting resource but it costs $100 dollars yearly. I was wondering if anyone on these boards have any experience with G.A.N.G.

Could anyone tell me perhaps how you are doing over there?

Best Regards,

...and a Happy New Year!

Re: Regarding G.A.N.G. (Game Audio Network Guild)

Giannis - Congratulations on your first title. There is an interesting discussion about GANG over at www.gameaudioforum.com - industry veterans and newcomers both weigh in on the merits (or lack thereof) of joining GANG.

I'm in a similar situation as you, and after reading the thread, I think I'm going to hold off on joining GANG for the time being. It sounds like their administration is highly distracted with other things right now (such as Video Games Live) which means that all things GANG related are really taking a back-seat.

Re: Regarding G.A.N.G. (Game Audio Network Guild)

I agree with Symbiotic - GANG might not be worth investing money in at this point.. you have to ask yourself what you want out of being a member there - forums are free and can provide a lot of info you wouldnt find through GANG (which isnt to say you couldnt have both). Good luck with your future games!
    Insanely Sane... Or Sanely Insane ?!

Go Back to forum