• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: Post Musical Instruments and SampleTekk announce friendly take-over

Share/Bookmark

Post Musical Instruments and SampleTekk announce friendly take-over

NEWS
    Press Release

Post Musical Instruments and SampleTekk announce friendly take-over.

SampleTekk, a well known Swedish producer of sample libraries, has acquired the exclusive rights over all sample libraries of its successful Amsterdam based competitor Post Musical Instruments. Post Musical Instruments is the producer of several award winning piano, church organ and historical sample libraries. SampleTekk produced several amazing sample libraries like the TBO, 7CG, Black Grand and White Grand. This step makes SampleTekk the largest piano sample company in the world with a collection of more than 30 high quality products.

The owner of SampleTekk, Per Larsson, said: "We are incredibly lucky that we got this chance to sell PMI’s pianos. We have always looked at PMI’s pianos as the “opposite side of the coin” compared to our own products, and SampleTekk and PMI products complement each other in a great way. We the combined strength of these sampled pianos, we feel that we cover all ground when it comes to piano sound. From classical to contemporary.”

Michiel Post, owner of Post Musical Instruments, adds: "SampleTekk is a natural choice for our sounds. SampleTekk is highly respected, has a very high quality and have the perfect position bring the next level of success. The market for sample libraries is a highly competitive one and only the larger companies survive. With this takeover SampleTekk becomes the biggest supplier of high quality piano samples, which is better for everybody."

SampleTekk.com will be the portal where all PMI/SampleTekk products can be purchased.
    SampleTekk is represented through a world-wide distribution network with partners like Big Fish Audio, Crypton and Time & Space.

SampleTekk's online store will be updated during today and all PMI's samples will be available within 12 hours.
    Worra
    SampleTekk

Arf, arf, arf...

Re: Post Musical Instruments and SampleTekk announce friendly take-over

WOW - Congratulations Per, and all to best to you and to Michiel this 2007!!!

OK...so I have a question that has been on the back burner for some time now:

What is the difference between the PMI Bosendorfer 290 (which I own) and the PMI The Emperor?? They look very similar, except that the Emperor appears to have 12 velocity layers in stead of 16.

Quote Originally Posted by Infinite5ths
    OK...so I have a question that has been on the back burner for some time now:

What is the difference between the PMI Bosendorfer 290 (which I own) and the PMI The Emperor?? They look very similar, except that the Emperor appears to have 12 velocity layers in stead of 16.
    Different pianos. The Emperor was recorded using a mechanism that controls the hammers for super accurate and even sampling
    Worra
    SampleTekk

Arf, arf, arf...

OK....so there is a different hammer mechanism on one. Is that the significance of the "SE" on the end of the Emperor piano model description?

First of all I want to congratulate Per and his SampleTekk team with this friendly take-over! I have had the privilege and pleasure to work with Per for many years now and his dedication and talents are truly amazing. Our sounds couldn't be in better hands!
    Secondly I am very confident that SampleTekk will support and improve the PMI Libraries further and that Per will provide the best possible service for our existing customers.

Thanks Per and the best of luck with your business.
    Best regards,
    Michiel Post

Thumbs up Re: Post Musical Instruments and SampleTekk announce friendly take-over

I have had the privilege to speak with both Michiel and Worra in the past. Both are truly professional at what they do. Best of luck and wishes for great success!

Francis Belardino
    Bela D Media.com
    Bela D Media | www.BelaDMedia.com

Quote Originally Posted by Infinite5ths
    OK....so there is a different hammer mechanism on one. Is that the significance of the "SE" on the end of the Emperor piano model description?
    Apart from this very obvious fact that they are two different pianos they also sound very different, check their demos to see what that means. The original Bosendorfer 290 was recorded in a small concert hall which gives the piano sample an orchestral/ambient sound. The Emperor is more a dry recording (not totally but more than the Bosendorfer 290).
    Further the Emperor has 12 velocity layers (12 pedal up, 12 pedal down and separate release layers) where the Bosendorfer 290 has less layers (up to 6 recorded layers, programmed over 16 pseudo-layers) so there is a distinct difference in timbre response and dynamics also.
    Best regards,
    Michiel Post

OK...thanks Michael!

I was primarily curious if they were two different Bosendorfer models. My favorite Bosendorfer of all time is the 6' 225. I've played Brahms (violin sonata) with an Imperial which is amazing; but even compared to that the 225 is something VERY special.

I noted that both of these were 290s....but wasn't sure if the SE was a different year or some other major update/change to this model. Obviously (as you stated), even two different pianos of the same model/year etc. are going to sound different. But curiousity demanded a full explaination. A different room is a significant (and interesting) detail... Also, the 'pseudo-layers' is an enlightening tid-bit.

Thanks!

Congratulations Michiel and Per

Go Back to forum