• Register
  • Help

Topic: GPO piano piece

Share/Bookmark

GPO piano piece

I heard some Bach piano preludes, and I wanted to try and write one. This is what I came up with. It is not very tecnical and the left hand pattern is fairly simple (but so were some of Bachs preludes). any suggestions or comments are welcome.
    thanks -Jay

http://www.katejesse.com/lady.mp3

Re: GPO piano piece

That's great, Jay! I like your piano writing very much. You are very talented and creative and you add a lot to this group. Thanks.

My best,

Larry
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

Very nice. Some of the chord progressions reminds me a bit of the Prelude in C Major. It also reminds me a little of the first movement of Beethoven's "Moonlight" sonata at times. If you don't have a copy of Chopin's Preludes, that is the next CD you should buy...
    Trent P. McDonald

Positively lovely prelude, Jay; some very beautiful writing in this,
    with ingenious, effective, moving progressions. Just excellent!

As a pianist, I think I would perhaps treat it with a greater
    degree of gentleness, a more legato style, and a bit more
    pedal.

Yet, on the writing, the compostion, I must say:

Bravo!

I have listened through this several times with much pleasure
    and enjoyment... work well done.

Best,

David
    www.DavidSosnowski.com

Quote Originally Posted by jaynkate01
    I heard some Bach piano preludes, and I wanted to try and write one. This is what I came up with. It is not very tecnical and the left hand pattern is fairly simple (but so were some of Bachs preludes). any suggestions or comments are welcome.
    thanks -Jay

http://www.katejesse.com/lady.mp3
    Ok, here it is, I rate music based on wheather I would be wlling to spend time learning it. Your composition is on the same plane as Beethoven's "Moonlight Sonata" first movement. It is very beautiful and has that magical quality that make me long for the next and then the next and then the next note until I hear that last note that causes my soul to exhale with spiritual satisfaction. I love it and will need to have it be a part of my musical future.

You have a wonderful talent and you owne it to the Giver of Gifts to write more of these.

Thank you for sharing it.

Thank you all very much for the positive comments. You can't imagine how much it means to me. I have been writing in a vacuum for a couple of years and nobody really has heard what I have been doing. David, I am not a piano player so I am sure that I missed some of the subtle peformance nuances that a piano player would use. For one thing, I think I got a little carried with the dynamics and got a little to loud on the climax. I had not thought of it before, but I do now hear just a touch of beethovens moonlight sonato in it.
    Thank for listening.
    -Jay

Go Back to forum