• Register
  • Help

Topic: Days in St. Lucia's Bay (JaBB)

Share/Bookmark

Days in St. Lucia's Bay (JaBB)

Well, I'm just practicing learning about my new toy (JaBB). This is a quick little Bossa about a place I have only visited in my dreams. Would love to see the island of St. Lucia, but (sigh) probably won't.

This is a jazz quintet with lead electric guitar and cup muted trumpet solo. I hope you enjoy it.

Days in St. Lucia's Bay
    [Music is the Rhythm, Harmony and Breath of Life]
    "Music is music, and a note's a note" - Louis 'Satchmo' Armstrong

Rich

Re: Days in St. Lucia's Bay (JaBB)

Rich, a lovely tune! It's not exactly a bossanova, but I find it very well done, guitar and brushes in particular.

Roberto

You know Roberto, I must be losing my mind. I have no idea why I called this a bossa. I just a laid back swing. I guess my mind had wandered off to St. Lucia!

Thanks for the comments and the correction!

Rich

That tune is a little cutie.
    Lovely swing on the brushes, and some great nuances on the tpt solo. Your mid 8 is quite reminiscent of the changes of Night in Tunisia.

My only complaint,........Bossa???.

I will say no more, as I am perfectly aware of the danger of being some kind of Latino bore.

Good stuff Rich.

regards Joe

Nope not Bossa and certainly not to your standard (I love your bossas). My fingers typed and my eyes and brain didn't read and understand what my fingers were doing. My thoughts were somewhere else. I should have said smooth jazz swing.

Don't you just love the way JaBB makes things flow. The brush kit is just great.

Thanks for the comments, Joe. They are certainly appreciated!

Rich

Smooooooooth jazz swing, indeed, Richard -- this is
    delicious. The trumpet writing is gorgeous, the brush
    work superb, and the tune itself toothsome and more
    than agreeable.

Great job on this, Richard -- there's some real taste
    and discernment in this; not to mention a fine
    performance.

My best,

David
    www.DavidSosnowski.com

Thanks David, your comments are always appreciated. Jazz has been a big influence on my musical life. I've played so many styles, I sometimes don't remember which name goes with which style! But it is all fun and JaBB makes it incredibly easy to get all the players together!

Rich

.....very nice...you definitely gave a deep emotional idea of that island-dream. the guitar was excellent. although the trumpet solo (or whatever which brass instrument) could not convince me soundwise....

good work!

although the trumpet solo (or whatever which brass instrument) could not convince me soundwise
    Yeah, my brother, the trumpet player said it sounded more like a harmonica than a trumpet and a cup mute. I'm a woodwind man so it sounded okay to me. But, then, his woodwind stuff sounds like reed organ music to me. It must have something to do with understanding the nature of the instrument to be able to bring out the best in it.

Thanks for the comments on the guitar part. Guitar is also a difficult instrument to do justice to in a sampler.

As for the dreamy island emotion...well the temperature is dropping here and I may just have to take the rest of the winter off and head for the islands.

Rich

Go Back to forum