• Register
  • Help

Topic: GPO Sibelius Edition

Share/Bookmark

GPO Sibelius Edition

First post. Greetings!, and a technical question:

I'm new to Sibelius. I purchased the program about a month ago. It has worked very well on my pc which exceeds required specs. I recently installed GPO Sibelius Edition but get no sound from Kontakt Player when I load my scores or compose test scores. The instruments do not load into the player, the controls (mod wheel, volumes) do not function and there is no sound as the score is played. I've checked the audio settings/asio drivers/sound card controls, but haven't found the problem. Kontakt Player shows up in the device list, but doesn't function. The Kontakt Silver Player in Sibelius worked fine with my sound card (Creative Soundblaster X-Fi) so I don't think the card or asio is the problem. I've emailed tech support. Any ideas? I'm looking forward to hearing GPO.

Achil

Re: GPO Sibelius Edition

If I remember correctly, Sibelius looks for the GPO samples in a particular place. I had to copy the .nks files and move them to a folder inside Sibelius - it's a little hazy, now. Check the installation notes - I think they tell you what/where with regards this.

Hope this helps.

R. Pearl

Thanks for responding. Looks like you do have to move files for the crossgrade, but I don't see any instruction about this for the GPO Sibelius Edition.

Achil

Achil,

Post this question on the Sibelius Chat page - they'll point you in the right direction.

Ron

Go Back to forum