• Register
  • Help
Results 1 to 5 of 5

Topic: got my Strad 2!

Share/Bookmark
  1. #1

    got my Strad 2!

    Thanks Gary for the group buy and the speed in which I received the Strad 2. Amazing product. I played around with it a little bit the other night but I can tell that this is like a real instrument that will take a little time to perfect the nuances. I have been really impressed with what I've heard other users accomplish using this plug-in.

    Incidentally, I'm using a Korg K61P as my primary controller. It doesn't have aftertouch nor an expression pedal jack but it does have a few assignable knobs. I was wondering if I can still achieve the fluid way of getting the most out of this wonderful instrument this way.

    What are other people using to control their Strad 2?

  2. #2

    Re: got my Strad 2!

    Hi!

    I recieved mine last night, and was playing a lot with it. Man... it's awesome!! I have already ordered a CME UF8 88 Key controller. It has a sustain pedal, aftertouch, pitch and mod wheel, breath controller and expression pedal inputs, and its keyboard is full weighted (hammer mechanics, I think). I'll order a expression pedal for it too.

    I can't wait to see and hear the rest of the Solo Strings and... GOS2! I hope we have some news from them at NAMM or Musikmesse.
    -Dani-

  3. #3

    Re: got my Strad 2!

    Quote Originally Posted by davecos
    What are other people using to control their Strad 2?
    Well, I'm using the 25 key Oxygen 8 and I'm getting nowhere.

    As I mentioned in an earlier thread, I could really do with being able to play the key-switches in Strad 2 on the Oxygen 8, and then however many samples on the rest of the keyboard.
    Perhaps Kontakt 2 allows splitting the keyboard in this way?!!

    I know this isn't ideal but if I want to switch registers I could always transpose within my DAW.

    Any ideas, much appreciated!
    Steve

  4. #4

    Re: got my Strad 2!

    Quote Originally Posted by hywyn
    Well, I'm using the 25 key Oxygen 8 and I'm getting nowhere.

    As I mentioned in an earlier thread, I could really do with being able to play the key-switches in Strad 2 on the Oxygen 8, and then however many samples on the rest of the keyboard.
    Perhaps Kontakt 2 allows splitting the keyboard in this way?!!

    I know this isn't ideal but if I want to switch registers I could always transpose within my DAW.

    Any ideas, much appreciated!
    Steve
    Hi Steve,

    The oxygen 8 has several sliders and knobs, right? I haven't tried anything of the sort myself, but perhaps you could write a script in kontakt to take the data from a slider or knob which has been assigned to an unused controller number and interpret it as a pitch.

    Knob controls controller 62,000
    Kontakt takes data from CC62,000 and if it's between 0 and 20 it sends C1 and you get spicatto, 21 and 40 it sends D1 for legato, 41 to 60 it sends E1 and you get fifth-grader style, etc...

    Reegs

  5. #5

    Re: got my Strad 2!

    Quote Originally Posted by Reegs
    Hi Steve,

    The oxygen 8 has several sliders and knobs, right? I haven't tried anything of the sort myself, but perhaps you could write a script in kontakt to take the data from a slider or knob which has been assigned to an unused controller number and interpret it as a pitch.
    Hi Reegs, I've no idea about Scripts, but perhaps this may be achievable by assigning midi-effects plug-ins in my DAW (Digital Performer). I'm away from my audio computer but I'm thinking if I use the "Transpose" effect on one midi channel and have two Stradivaris loaded. On one midi channel I transpose so I get the Key switches, and on the other I switch off the samples that overlap with the key-switches. Only problem I envisage is my cpu getting overtaxed. What do you think?
    Quote Originally Posted by Reegs
    Knob controls controller 62,000
    Kontakt takes data from CC62,000 and if it's between 0 and 20 it sends C1 and you get spicatto, 21 and 40 it sends D1 for legato, 41 to 60 it sends E1 and you get fifth-grader style, etc...

    Reegs
    You kinda lost me there!

    Cheers,
    Steve

Go Back to forum

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •