Hi - just some post xmas noodling ...

Traffic

~Paula
    Cheers!
    Paula

Remember to Play www.thepunkduck.com

Re: Playing in Traffic

Hi Paula,

That's fun! Great pizzicato and layer effects! The woodwinds were fantastic!

What happened at the end?? No crash?

Cute - Like trying to cross traffic in downtown Manhatten. Love, nice piece of noodling, I'll say!

Thanks guys - it's just a start of something... (sigh) I have a lot of starts - not as many finishes...
    Cheers!
    Paula

What a great ride... nice "noodling", Paula!

Love the woodwing flourishes in this; neat
    effect... and the ostinato keeps this clipping
    along.

Now. You've got the noodles part done;
    when do we get to the lasagna... lol? Plenty
    here to develop, and a great springboard
    opening. Take it further!

My best,

David
    www.DavidSosnowski.com

Well, you did a fine job on this, Paula. It really sounds like one is listening to the fascinating sounds of "traffic." I like to listen to Gershwin for some of his traffic adaptations. It was quite a feat to write "An American in Paris" with all the different horn parts included. In fact, he brought them home so his piece would sound very authentic.

Great writing, Paula and a good mix.

Jack
    Jack Cannon--MacBook Pro (2015, 13") GPO4/5, JABB3, Auth. STEINWAY, YAMAHA CFX, Gofriller CELLO, Stradivari VIOLIN, COMB2, WORLD, HARPS, PIPE ORGANS, FINALE 2014.5, Mac Pro 2.66 GHz CPU, 8 GB RAM, DP 9.5, MOTU Traveler, MOTU Micro Express, MacBook Pro (2012, 13") 2.2 Ghz CPU, 8 GB RAM.

Paula, that's very nice, I hear a touch of east europe in it as well... enjoyed it from start to end

Roberto

Thank you everyone for your kind remarks. I had the flute counter melody in my head before I had the other parts. Very wierd way to start and a surprising development to how it turned out so far. I will enjoy working on it.

Thanks for listening.
    ~Paula
    Cheers!
    Paula

Quote Originally Posted by oldbob
    Paula, that's very nice, I hear a touch of east europe in it as well... enjoyed it from start to end

Roberto
    So...pondering this comment...I dropped in my minor cello phrase just for time's sake and will alter it a bit later because I think I heard it somewhere before...anyways, maybe I will keep the flavor and actually play on it and turn it into "Traffic in Cairo"

just thinking out loud... ~Paula
    Cheers!
    Paula

Go Back to forum