• Register
  • Help

Topic: Very nice new VST that sounds to me as though it increases realism of piano samples

Share/Bookmark

Very nice new VST that sounds to me as though it increases realism of piano samples

I hate to sound so enthusiastic, but this is an apparently free VST insert that I hope everyone here using piano samples will try out.

Just ran across it at the Keyboard Mag forum on Expert Forums. It's a cross-feed and eq for headphones that makes listening through headphones more like listening to speakers. (Duplicates, delays, and filters the sound from each channel and then passes it over to the other channel. Also allows you to adjust where in space the duplicated sound seems to float into the ear. Hard to explain, but the result is a much more 3D sound when using headphones. Be sure to read the documentation. You can test the program, as they suggest, with a pulse, but you can then load it up as a VST effect and use it on other samples. Very sweet:

http://www.ohl.to/audio-tools-and-th...or-headphones/

And here's a link to the original discussion on the Keyboard forum:

http://www.musicplayer.com/ubb/ultim.../t/021415.html

Re: Very nice new VST that sounds to me as though it increases realism of piano samples

Thank you Jake.

Jim

Re: Very nice new VST that sounds to me as though it increases realism of piano samples

I'm still playing with it. Have to be careful, since it lets you push the sound so far forward that it sits a little too much in front of you--almost mono. I need to sit down with the manual sometime soon.

Just to add another few words:

1. It's important to understand that after you switch to Device In on the left side, and load up a piano VSTI, you can still listen to one channel at a time by selecting Left or Right at the lower left corner, and thus edit the sound until it's good.

2. It's easy to miss the EQ on or EQ off switches at bottom left. (No wonder I was getting such subtle changes while trying out the EQ...)

3. You need to load it before the VSTI you want it to effect.

Go Back to forum