• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Diva and Kontakt 2

Share/Bookmark

Diva and Kontakt 2

I'm new to the forums but I wanted to confirm what I've read so far. As I understand, you can't load Diva/Diva Extended into the Kontakt 2 player that comes with GPO, you need the complete Kontakt 2 package. My interest is to include a vocal part in Finale along with the rest of my orchestration and it sounds like this will be a fairly costly endeavor. Help/advice appreciated.

Re: Diva and Kontakt 2

First off, I want to welcome you to the GPO community. I hope that you find these particular forums to be friendly, supportive and informative.

With regards to your question. . .

I am not familiar with the Diva/Diva Extended sound library. I believe, though, that you will need the full version of Kontakt 2 to play this sound library (if it was formatted for the Kontakt software). The Kontakt player that comes with GPO only plays the GPO sound library.

Hope this helps answer your question.

Again, Welcome!

Ted
    Music and humor are healthy for the soul.

You're right Ted, you can't use it in GPO kontakt player. (unless someone developed differently?)
    I use Diva/Diva Extended (awesome) in Full Kontakt 2 (or full Kontakt 1)
    Styxx

I don't know Diva, but since the question is related to Finale, it is possible to use it with the GPO Kontakt Player, provided Diva is a Kontakt Player 2 library and the GPO in question is Finale 2007 GPO. The Finale 2007 GPO Kontakt Player should be able to play any library encoded for Kontakt Player 2 - in Finale.

Quote Originally Posted by Styxx
    I use Diva/Diva Extended (awesome) in Full Kontakt 2 (or full Kontakt 1)
    Is this Callas-in-a-Box?

Raymond

Quote Originally Posted by Nickie Fønshauge
    I don't know Diva, but since the question is related to Finale, it is possible to use it with the GPO Kontakt Player, provided Diva is a Kontakt Player 2 library and the GPO in question is Finale 2007 GPO. The Finale 2007 GPO Kontakt Player should be able to play any library encoded for Kontakt Player 2 - in Finale.
    No, I am pretty sure Diva is not a Kontakt Player 2 library. It is a sample library, that does not come with a player.

Although it is easy for someone to tell you how to spend your money, I would note the Kontakt 2 is a tremedous resource, allowing you access to top notch libraries using scripting, etc.

Search around the web for the best price, before you dismiss it as too expensive. If you have any instrument with a Kompakt Player, you get a discounted price.

Good luck.

jeffn1
    For original progressive electronic rock influenced by J.S. Bach and (old) Rush, check out: www.soundclick.com/jeffreynaness.

Hello GPO/Garritan community!

This thread caught our attention. All Bela D Media products are open source sample libraries. They require the full version of Kontakt/2 or GigaStudio/GS3. DIVA was produced a few years before Kontakt 2. It is native to Kontakt but will load with Kontakt 2. The same for GigaStudio/GS3.

All the best and Happy New Year!
    Francis Belardino
    Bela D Media.com
    Bela D Media | www.BelaDMedia.com

Quote Originally Posted by Pianokey1953
    ...As I understand, you can't load Diva/Diva Extended into the Kontakt 2 player that comes with GPO, you need the complete Kontakt 2 package...
    Thanks for all the helpful replies. Being a registered user of Finale and GPO (full version), can anyone tell me whether I would be eligible for the cross-grade version of Kontakt2?

Also, in one particular online retailer site, I came across an unusual amount of negative feedback about Kontakt 2, complaints about background noise, bugs, system crashes, technical support issues, etc. While I expect a learning curve, how universal and credible are these not-so-good experiences with Kontakt2? Is user experience a factor? What should I be aware of when setting up and using Kontakt2?

Thanks for all the helpful replies. Being a registered user of Finale and GPO (full version), can anyone tell me whether I would be eligible for the cross-grade version of Kontakt2?
    Full GPO does make you eligible for the cross grade.

While I expect a learning curve, how universal and credible are these not-so-good experiences with Kontakt2?
    I don't think anybody really knows. People who use an application without problems usually don't make a fuzz about it. That being said, e-mail support does seem to be very slow. Some users report, that phone support is much better.

KONTAKT ROCKS!

In all honesty, Kontakt2 and it's scripting power is the way of the future. We see no reason to produce in any other format though we still do. You cannot go wrong with NI.
    Bela D Media | www.BelaDMedia.com

Go Back to forum