I treated myself to Solo Strad and have been playing with it a few days. So far, I love it, but have run into a couple of issues:
1) When I play it with the standalone Kontakt 2 player with the audio settings at 44.1KHz, or in a 44.1KHz SONAR project, it sounds fantastic. But if I put it in a 96KHz SONAR project (or bring the player's audio settings up to 96KHz), it sounds really reedy, almost more like a shawm than a violin. I assumed this was just because I was hearing high-frequency data that I couldn't hear at 44.1KHz, and added a high-cut EQ, but it just didn't have the same "body" as it does at 44.1. Is there a way to fix this, or can someone suggest a decent EQ curve I can use? (I really want to add the Strad to some existing SONAR projects, which unfortunately are all 24/96.)
2) Notes C2-D2 (immediately above the keyswitches) seem to shut the sound off entirely. They're not mentioned in the manual; is there some special use for them?
3) Is there any way to turn off the IR altogether on the 2.01 version (or a way to get the "mono dry" sound from 1.08)?
4) My expression pedal goes through my Behringer BCF2000; I've also mapped some of its sliders and buttons to the things the Strad listens to (channel aftertouch, CC1, CC11, CC64, CC67). When Solo Strad has been running for a couple of hours, either in the standalone player or SONAR, it will eventually quit listening to the BCF2000 (though it still responds to keypresses and CC data from the keyboard); I have to exit and restart for it to respond to the BCF2000 again. Is there a trick to avoiding this? (I've tried changing the MIDI channel away from Omni and back, but that doesn't do the trick; neither does power-cycling the BCF2000.)
Also, this isn't a problem with Solo Strad per se, but I'm hoping someone will know of a utility to help me: my aging keyboard and my fairly new expression pedal don't produce very linear data; for example, my expression pedal goes from 0 to 100 when pressing it in only about 25% of the way; the other 75% goes from 101 to 127. Same sort of thing with the mod wheel on my keyboard (though to a lesser degree); aftertouch seems reversed from that, and the keystrike velocity [i]begins[i] at around 45 with the lightest pressure (which gives me only quick portamenti). Is there any kind of MFX plugin which will remap the value curves in realtime so I can get them to act in a more linear fashion? (Alas, the TenCrazy "CC Map" doesn't do keystrike velocity, and it also only seems to do linear-to-linear remapping.)