Well I'm pleased with myself and Mrs N. - it is now a full week since either of us have smoked a cigarette.
Yes, we were beyond stupid to have taken up smoking in the first place, and then to have continued smoking into our late thirties - but at least we are trying to correct those mistakes now
Benefits to date......
1. We have saved a total of £70 / $130
2. We are experiencing a sensation when eating - I believe it is called taste ?!?
3. A little gentle exercise  no longer leaves us totally out of breath.
1. The local corner shop is down on profits
2. I'm spending less time in my studio - 'coz that was where I used to do all my smoking!
3. I constantly have "the munchies"
Anyway - good luck to anyone else who has, or is thinking of, giving up smoking. You may not enjoy the experience, but you know that it makes sense