• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: NAMM Predictions

NAMM Predictions

Spectrasonics Atmosphere 2
    Major change in the way Native Instruments packages their stuff that we probably won't like

Re: NAMM Predictions

I don't think that Spectrasonics is a listed exhibitor for this NAMM.

A new VI plugin and hardware announcement from Arturia...
    Houston Haynes - Titan Line Music

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder
    I don't think that Spectrasonics is a listed exhibitor for this NAMM.
    It's been well over two years since Spectrasonics has introduced any new instruments aside from the update to Stylus RMX. It's a shame that, arguably, one of the top producers of VST's have not has not released anything new.

I hope the above info is wrong and that we'll see a ton of new stuff from Spectrasonics this NAMM.

Other predictions: East West will unvail there new sample player and a few new libs that will use it. However, it will be close to a year before it actually ships.

Anybody else?

"Every time you play a wrong note God kills a kitten."

I guess that I was wrong: http://www.thenammshow.com/pdf/ns07_brochure.pdf

I had looked at some xcel spread sheet listing exhibitors and Spectrasonics wasn't listed, but this must be the updated list. I am desperately crossing my fingers for Universal Binaries of Trilogy/Atmosphere!

They're an annual fixture at the show. Eric always puts on smokin' demos, and he knows just about everyone in the business, it seems. I can't imagine that he'd pass up an opportunity to wow folks and connect with his clients and friends. Smaller vendors usually get "on the books" later in the process in any case, so it's not surprising that they didn't show up until the later publications.

Received this in an email from Spectrasonics:

In fact, the development work we are doing right now is so important that we’ve decided to put all our focus towards completing this work - so you won’t be seeing us exhibiting at this year’s Winter NAMM show or the Frankfurt Musikmesse. We’ve always loved connecting with our users and industry friends at these events, but it takes a lot of focus and time away from our development work… so this year we’ll be staying locked in the lab.

Well that's a disappointment - but if they've got something cooking for later this year - so much the better.

I guess a safer prediction to make would be that we'll get a chance to see the new Garritan sample player, since their press release seems to indicate that they're showing it at the CES show in Las Vegas this week.

Maybe Fablesounds Broadway Big Band will finally be ready???

They've recently posted a photo of the box on their website, so maybe that is a sign that they are just about ready to start shipping!

Quote Originally Posted by Ben H
    Maybe Fablesounds Broadway Big Band will finally be ready???
    Two years is an awfully long time to wait for a company that has never produced a product - or a demo, for that matter.

A revolutionary series of HALion™ powered virtual instruments, including the Broadway Performer™ technology, our powerful midi manipulation software, which in conjunction with the thousands of sound samples of the Broadway Big Band™, allows for flawless total realism, true expression of performance, and absolute flexibility & control when creating and producing non-orchestral music in various music genres, such as (but not limited to) Jazz, Pop, Funk, R&B, and Latin Music.
    At least they know how to write one heckuva run-on sentence...

Go Back to forum