• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Scarbee forum

Share/Bookmark

Scarbee forum

Seems like there used to be a dedicated Scarbee forum and now I can't find it. Is it out there? did it got away? I recently purchased the Scarbee keyboard bundle (GREAT EP's I might add), just wanting to find other people to get ideas about different settings to emulate some classic patches..I guess mostly it would be the FX plugin settings.
    "Music is a manifestation of the human spirit similar to a language. If we do not want such things to remain dead treasures, we must do our utmost to make the greatest number of people understand their secrets" -- Zoltan Kodaly

Re: Scarbee forum

Yes there certainly was one and its disappearance coincided with the legal issues Thomas was facing regarding the "Rhodes" moniker. I've given up on finding it but maybe someone here might enlighten me.
    However it didn't have a lot of traffic, mostly complaints about Steinberg etc. You might do just as well to ask your questions here.
    JP

Mostly just looking for some patches. The samples are wonderful. However, one thing I really like about lound lizard is that although it does not sound nearly as good as Scarbee, it comes with a bunch of patches modeled after some classic tunes from Supertramp and others..which really gives me some great starting places on tones.

With Scarbee, there are a few controls in kontakt, but mostly its the use of the FX plugin where this type of programming would make Scarbee shine. Obviously I can futz around and get some cool chorusing and other stuff..but would be nice if it came with some presets designed for the piano. Unless I'm missing them somewhere and they're already there? Anyway, not much else to ask at this point. The lib sounds fantastic.
    "Music is a manifestation of the human spirit similar to a language. If we do not want such things to remain dead treasures, we must do our utmost to make the greatest number of people understand their secrets" -- Zoltan Kodaly

Their vintage keyboard FX have several presets that are scary on-the-money for certain "hallmark" sounds. They sound so much better than anything you can get out of internal effects in Kontakt or HALion, it's the *only* way to go, IMNSHO.

I think SCARBEE intentionally ditched their forums (again) because there just wasn't enough real chatter to make it worthwhile. Perhaps too many people were using unlicensed copies and were trolling his forum for help - might be the reason why they offer "forms" for licensed users to fill out for support instead of having open forums. I think that the forums disappearing at the same time as the name changes is a coincidence.
    Houston Haynes - Titan Line Music

"September 19
    "5 Products discontinued"
    Dear users. It is with deep, deep regret that I have to inform you that due to a certain conditions we have found no other solution than imediately discontinuing R.S.P. '73, Vintage Keyboard Collection, Keyboard Gold Bundle, Vintage Keyboard Collection - K2 and Keyboard Gold Bundle - K2. We have also removed all reviews, artist quotes (and artists) referring to these products. Furthermore we have found it necessary to remove our FORUM. We hope you have understanding for such a dramatic move, but as we are a tiny company we see no other options right now. If ever - we need your support, so we hope you will continuing buying other Scarbee products. regards Thomas Hansen Skarbye"

from
    http://www.northernsounds.com/forum/...hlight=scarbee

rsp
    richard sven
    sound sculptist
    ------------------
    Nuendo 4.3 | Intel DP35DP : Intel Quad Core QX 6700 : 4GB RAM | Windows XP Pro SP3 | Lynx Two C | Midisport 2x2 | 2xUAD-1, UAD-2 Quad |

Cubase 4.5.2 | MacBookPro 2.16 Ghz | 10.6.3 | 2GB | TC Konnekt 8

Yes, but it was continued again...I purchased my copy of it only a couple months ago direct from them...the K2 version.. I believe that statement was related to the way the instruments were named. Now he has named them with names which mean almost nothing to me, but through trial and error I'm figuring out which keyboard is which. ha ha..

Houston, thanks for pointing out your favorite presets..I'll check those out

Quote Originally Posted by dewdman42
    Houston, thanks for pointing out your favorite presets..I'll check those out
    Those aren't necessarily my favorites - but they are the ones that have allusion to players or songs that harken back to the good ole days. :-) Oh, and some of them *are* my faves...

Houston Haynes - Titan Line Music

oh I too purchased after.I was showing that maybe the forum was related ? maybe?
    rsp
    richard sven
    sound sculptist
    ------------------
    Nuendo 4.3 | Intel DP35DP : Intel Quad Core QX 6700 : 4GB RAM | Windows XP Pro SP3 | Lynx Two C | Midisport 2x2 | 2xUAD-1, UAD-2 Quad |

Cubase 4.5.2 | MacBookPro 2.16 Ghz | 10.6.3 | 2GB | TC Konnekt 8

Houston: What's with the Linwood preset? I never got that one. Linwood shows up everywhere.
    JP

Hey jimmy..
    Finally famous. My name in lights........

Go Back to forum