• Register
  • Help

Topic: Multi ADAT output soundcards

Share/Bookmark

Multi ADAT output soundcards

Hello People
    First question:
    Can Gigastudio handle more than 8 outputs (analog or digital)?
    If so, I´m looking into a Giga compatible card with 2 or 3 Adat outputs to be connected to a digital console (DA7)
    I was considering the Motu 2408MKII, what do you think? is there better options?
    I actually using a Delta 1010 without any problem but using its analog outputs (8) and as everybody knows, the internal efx of giga sucks...
    Thanks in advance for your help!
    Best Regards
    Jose Pereira

Re: Multi ADAT output soundcards

I recommend the Frontier Designs Dekota (16 outs) with the Montana expansion(another 16 outs)--32 channels of ADAT output with 32 channels of MIDI and super low latency. Get a Frontier Tango24 for one of those ADAT ports if you want some analog io.

J

Originally posted by Judson:
    I recommend the Frontier Designs Dekota (16 outs) with the Montana expansion(another 16 outs)--32 channels of ADAT output with 32 channels of MIDI and super low latency. Get a Frontier Tango24 for one of those ADAT ports if you want some analog io.

J
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Hi Judson!
    Thanks for the quick reply.
    Where I can have some info of those cards? Also, where I could buy it? (I used to buy in SoundChaser but, they don´t respond to my emails)
    Thanks again
    Jose Pereira

see www.frontierdesign.com for info about the card. www.audiomidi.com has them.

judson

I second the Dakota card for Giga, very good product that works quite well for Giga. You could also get the RME Hammerfall card as well.

Motu 2408 works great for me, Buffers set at 64(lowest setting) and I can easily push the 160 poly limit with ease.
    Bri

Thanks to everyone!
    Seclusion:
    Could you use the 3 adat outputs in Giga??? That´s 24 chanels for independent EQ/processing. Sweet!!!
    Again, Thanks so much!
    Jose Pereira

Yes I can, just save your untitled song with all the 24 channels set up.
    Works great with my digi consoles

Go Back to forum