• Register
  • Help
Results 1 to 9 of 9

Topic: "Piano Study Number Two" (mucho counterpoint)

Share/Bookmark
  1. #1

    "Piano Study Number Two" (mucho counterpoint)

    Counterpoint Lovers,

    I have never written as much counterpoint in any of my other music works as I did in my "Piano Study Number Two" !

    Regards,

    Larry

    http://www.alexandermusic.com
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

  2. #2

    Re: "Piano Study Number Two" (mucho counterpoint)

    This sure is an energetic, busy piece. I like the counterpoint that you used. Very interesting indeed. I enjoyed it. Thanks for posting.
    -Jay

  3. #3

    Re: "Piano Study Number Two" (mucho counterpoint)

    Quote Originally Posted by jaynkate01
    This sure is an energetic, busy piece. I like the counterpoint that you used. Very interesting indeed. I enjoyed it. Thanks for posting.
    -Jay
    ...and thank you for listening, Jay.

    Regards,

    Larry
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

  4. #4

    Re: "Piano Study Number Two" (mucho counterpoint)

    Larry,

    Really nice. Great energetic Piano study you have written...I like the how the orchestra blends really well with the piano. The piano part is really busy, I like it a lot.

    Good job as always.



    -Chris

  5. #5
    Senior Member fastlane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Shelton, Washington State
    Posts
    3,024

    Re: "Piano Study Number Two" (mucho counterpoint)

    Very pleasant to listen to. I think it tends to take me back to more genteel times but maybe it's just romantic foolishness.

    But it was a very nice piece of music. Great counterpoint.

    Phil

  6. #6

    Re: "Piano Study Number Two" (mucho counterpoint)

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisHurn
    Larry,

    Really nice. Great energetic Piano study you have written...I like the how the orchestra blends really well with the piano. The piano part is really busy, I like it a lot.

    Good job as always.



    -Chris
    I appreciate your taking the time to listen, Chris. Thanks very much.

    Regards,

    Larry
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

  7. #7

    Re: "Piano Study Number Two" (mucho counterpoint)

    Quote Originally Posted by fastlane
    Very pleasant to listen to. I think it tends to take me back to more genteel times but maybe it's just romantic foolishness.

    But it was a very nice piece of music. Great counterpoint.

    Phil
    I'm just a genteel old dude.

    Thank you, Mr. Phil, for giving it a listen.

    Best regards,

    Larry
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

  8. #8

    Re: "Piano Study Number Two" (mucho counterpoint)

    Counterpoint? Was there counterpoint in this?
    Seriously, some stand-up, power writing for the
    piano in this, Larry. I love it when you get all
    contrapuntal on us -- you should do more of it,
    straight out technical blitzing is fun stuff.

    My best,


    David
    www.DavidSosnowski.com
    .

  9. #9

    Re: "Piano Study Number Two" (mucho counterpoint)

    Quote Originally Posted by etLux
    Counterpoint? Was there counterpoint in this?
    Seriously, some stand-up, power writing for the
    piano in this, Larry. I love it when you get all
    contrapuntal on us -- you should do more of it,
    straight out technical blitzing is fun stuff.

    My best,


    David
    www.DavidSosnowski.com
    .
    Just call me Wolf Blitzing.

    Perhaps there's TOO much going on in this particular work. There's a lot to be said for simplicity which this composition certainly doesn't have.

    Best regards and thanks,

    Larry
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

Go Back to forum

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •