• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Topic: "Grand Processional"

Share/Bookmark
  1. #1

    "Grand Processional"


    Organ Fans,

    Here is my "Grand Processional", featuring the magnificent GPO organ in a cathedral setting.

    Be careful with volume because the extremely low frequencies of the pedal notes could blow your speakers!

    Regards,

    Larry

    http://www.alexandermusic.com
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

  2. #2

    Re: "Grand Processional"

    Played this one up on the new JBL's, Larry. My wife
    threw a vase at me (she was asleep); but other
    than that, no damage.

    Strong piece, Larry, and a great speaker tester... lol.
    "Grand" most definitely fits! That closing chord took
    out my coffee mug.

    My best,

    David
    www.DavidSosnowski.com
    .

  3. #3
    Senior Member fastlane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Shelton, Washington State
    Posts
    3,015

    Re: "Grand Processional"

    Making my lunch here before snore time and it sounded like a good one.

    That organ sure has a big sound.

    Phil

  4. #4

    Re: "Grand Processional"

    Quote Originally Posted by etLux
    Played this one up on the new JBL's, Larry. My wife
    threw a vase at me (she was asleep); but other
    than that, no damage.

    Strong piece, Larry, and a great speaker tester... lol.
    "Grand" most definitely fits! That closing chord took
    out my coffee mug.

    My best,

    David
    www.DavidSosnowski.com
    .
    Sorry about the damage. I'll have my people get in touch with your people and take care of it. Let's do lunch soon.

    A new coffee mug is on the way.

    As ever,

    Larry
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

  5. #5

    Re: "Grand Processional"

    Quote Originally Posted by fastlane
    Making my lunch here before snore time and it sounded like a good one.

    That organ sure has a big sound.

    Phil
    There are some fine organ samples in the GPO library. It's a pleasure to work with them.

    Thanks,

    Larry
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

  6. #6

    Re: "Grand Processional"

    Suggestion: can't you put all those songs in ONE post?
    That way it is better organised, and easier to read/follow.

    my2cent

  7. #7

    Re: "Grand Processional"

    Quote Originally Posted by teebones
    Suggestion: can't you put all those songs in ONE post?
    That way it is better organised, and easier to read/follow.

    my2cent
    I don't understand your message Sir or Madam. To which 'all those songs' are you referring? Do you mean the works of mine that are presently posted on this forum? If that is what you are talking about, I prefer doing it here the way I have been doing it for the past three years.

    Larry
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

  8. #8

    Re: "Grand Processional"

    Quote Originally Posted by Larry G. Alexander
    I don't understand your message Sir or Madam. To which 'all those songs' are you referring? Do you mean the works of mine that are presently posted on this forum? If that is what you are talking about, I prefer doing it here the way I have been doing it for the past three years.

    Larry
    It's my preference, and I think the forum's preference, to stick
    to one or two pieces per a post.

    Too many pieces in one post, and it quickly grows confusing and
    difficult to comment specifically.

    David
    www.DavidSosnowski.com
    .

  9. #9

    Re: "Grand Processional"

    Quote Originally Posted by etLux
    It's my preference, and I think the forum's preference, to stick
    to one or two pieces per a post.

    Too many pieces in one post, and it quickly grows confusing and
    difficult to comment specifically.

    David
    www.DavidSosnowski.com
    .
    Great minds work in the same manner. So THERE!

    L.
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

  10. #10

    Re: "Grand Processional"

    Quote Originally Posted by Larry G. Alexander
    Here is my [URL="http://www.alexandermusic.com/resources/GrandProcessional.mp3"
    "Grand Processional"[/URL], featuring the magnificent GPO organ in a cathedral setting.[/SIZE][/FONT]
    Nice one Larry! Over here, this is the sort of thing we'd hear at the end of Choral Evensong. So that would make it more of a Grand Recessional. The choir could process in to this - but it would be have to be a really grand affair! Enjoyed this. Regards, Graham

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •