• Register
  • Help

Topic: OT: a personal project

OT: a personal project

Last October/November I made a short silent film called “Five Stories.” It was based on a dream I had. In the dream, I was trapped in this five-story house that was burning from the basement up. The fire chased me up stairs to the attic. But as I passed each floor, each one was from a different house I'd lived in. The first floor was my old house from Milwaukee, the second floor was my grandparent's old house, etc.

Anyway. There's this small film fest going on tonight in Richmond, VA and
    my film is premiering tonight in front of a live audience!

I'm so excited about it. It comes out on DVD next month.

The original "score" was rendered using mostly sample libraries (piano, acoustic guitar, drums) and some modified speaker hardware.

You can watch a low-res version of it online by clicking here.

Just wanted to share my excitement with you guys. =) It premiers tonight at 8pm.

Alan Lastufka | www.BelaDMedia.com
    Producer/Artistic Design | Content Producer

20 Things

Re: OT: a personal project

Congratulations Alan!

A very well made small film, imho, and clever direction, use, and visualisation of your dream.

Good luck with the premiere...

Yes, Congratulations!

A great achievement, and very imaginative.

The graininess of both music and symbolic imagery certainly creates a sense of a weathered past/memory. This contrasts well with the more calm narrative dialogue.

A very surrealistic dream you had.
    ...And a terrific realization.

Congratulations once again,...well done!

Wait - your house is in Milwaukee, you filmed in Richmond, but your Grandparent's lived in front of a live audience? What kind of dream is that!?!?

LOL - seriouisly, congrads, and good luck.

Thanks guys so much. Everything went smooth, from what I've heard. Now back to authoring the DVD... who knew one would have to record so many takes of the Director's Audio Commentary track to not sound like a complete idiot...
    Alan Lastufka | www.BelaDMedia.com
    Producer/Artistic Design | Content Producer

20 Things

Go Back to forum