• Register
  • Help

Topic: GPOHP Tutorial in Finale 2007

Share/Bookmark

GPOHP Tutorial in Finale 2007

Hi All:

Seems that the subject tutorial will not work with Adobe Acrobat Reader 7.0 that comes with the Finale 2007 (Mac) upgrade (although it is included therein). Was advised by Finale Support to upgrade to a higher Acrobat Reader. When trying to upgrade to V.8.0, the Adobe site states the minimum requirements for Acrobat Reader V.8.0 is Mac OS X 10.4x.......I'm using OS X 10.3.9. So, if anyone has upgraded Acrobat Reader beyond V. 7.0 and below V.8.0 where the "GPOHP Tutorial" will work with Finale 2007a, I would like to know about it. Perhaps my current OS will then be able to download the upgrade.

Looks like upgraded software is forcing users to upgrade their OS, or else. Thought this might be helpful to those working with Finale 2007 on a Mac.

Cheers,

Jack
    Jack Cannon--MacBook Pro (2015, 13") GPO4/5, JABB3, Auth. STEINWAY, YAMAHA CFX, Gofriller CELLO, Stradivari VIOLIN, COMB2, WORLD, HARPS, PIPE ORGANS, FINALE 2014.5, Mac Pro 2.66 GHz CPU, 8 GB RAM, DP 9.5, MOTU Traveler, MOTU Micro Express, MacBook Pro (2012, 13") 2.2 Ghz CPU, 8 GB RAM.

Re: GPOHP Tutorial in Finale 2007

Updating software these days seems like a greedy way that companies keep their customers coming back for more on a regular basis. It seems that way, but I truly believe that developers are forced to make "their" software compliant to the latest technological advances that are being made with operating systems.

Jack, I suggest updating to the latest MacOS. On the other hand, you could buy a new MacPro desktop and then you wouldn't have to buy the OS upgrade.

Did you update Altiverb 5 to AV6?
    Dan

Opens fine for me with Acrobat reader 7.0.

You need to navigate directly to the user manual folder and double click to open it. It's not accessable from within Finale's user manual.

Jeff

Jeff:

A BIG THANKS. That did it without a hitch and what a comprehensive tutorial it is. Can't thank you enough for your help/suggestion/solution.....LOL

Now, why didn't Mike at Finale Support tell me that when I created a support inquiry as to why the "underlined subject material" in the User Manual told me that I couldn't access the tutorial with the current version of Adobe Acrobat Reader? It sure would have helped instill a little more confidence in the Finale Support function, not that it isn't effective and helpful, but probably not too totally inclusive............Well, I guess we can't know everything no matter how hard we try.

Thanks again, Jeff

Jack
    Jack Cannon--MacBook Pro (2015, 13") GPO4/5, JABB3, Auth. STEINWAY, YAMAHA CFX, Gofriller CELLO, Stradivari VIOLIN, COMB2, WORLD, HARPS, PIPE ORGANS, FINALE 2014.5, Mac Pro 2.66 GHz CPU, 8 GB RAM, DP 9.5, MOTU Traveler, MOTU Micro Express, MacBook Pro (2012, 13") 2.2 Ghz CPU, 8 GB RAM.

dpDAN:

You devil you.......LOL

But you are totally right and I will buy a new G5 the size of my refrigerator if they have one that big......

I was waiting for Steve Jobs to come out with something on the horizon in his computer line-up, but I guess the little phone and TV gadgets will bring in more coins for now. I guess it's about time to make the plunge and that will give me the 10.4 I need.

Read the Altiverb 6 literature on-line. Interesting.........

Thanks for responding, Dan.

Jack

Go Back to forum