• Register
  • Help

Topic: Legal question re: resale Extended Classical Choir

Share/Bookmark

Legal question re: resale Extended Classical Choir

Is it legal to resell Peter Siedlaczek's 2CD set of "Extended Classical Choirs"? The License agreement states:
    The samples and programs contained in this library are licensed to you for use in music, multimedia and film, productions only. Only the purchaser of this CD is authorized to use the sounds., Unauthorized copying, reproduction(including conversion and reproduction in other data formats),hire rental, public performance, broadcasting and distribution is expressly prohibited.
    The strongest language against re-sale would be
    Only the purchaser of this CD is authorized to use the sounds:
    But it can be argued that once sold, that the license grants the purchaser to use the library, meaning the previous purchaser is no longer licensed to use them.

This license does not seem to address the issue of resale. The language indicates to me that it neither forbids nor endorses the issue of resale. Does anyone disagree?

Thanks,
    Rick

Re: Legal question re: resale Extended Classical Choir

hmmm....
    My guess would be no, you cannot re-sell it...

IMHO, it still has some great sounds even by todays standards so why not just keep it? I only have the original version and I still use it more than my other vocal libs (SOV and Philharmonik), not because it is better, but because it offer something quite different...

Go Back to forum