• Register
  • Help

Topic: OT: Wizard of Oz Instrumentation

OT: Wizard of Oz Instrumentation

Hey everyone,

I have a strange question. Does anyone know what the instrumentation for the Broadway version of the Wizard of Oz is? If not, anyone know how I can find out?

Thanks for the help.

For more information, check out www.jonathoncox.com/intro.html

"The trouble with music appreciation in general is that people are taught to have too much respect for music they should be taught to love it instead." - Igor Stravinsky

Re: OT: Wizard of Oz Instrumentation

just google wizard of oz, instrumentation, rental

Re: OT: Wizard of Oz Instrumentation

qccowboy got you the link first, but here is the instrumentation:
    2Violin I1Violin II 1Viola 1Cello1Bass 1Flute, Piccolo and Recorder 1Oboe and English Horn 1Reed I - Alto Sax, Clarinet & Bass Clarinet 1Reed II - Tenor Sax, Flute & Clarinet 1Reed III - Baritone Sax, Flute & Clarinet 1Horn I & II1Trumpet I & II 1Trombone (doubles Tuba for #22 only) 1Harp1Piano, Celeste & Synthesizer
    (Keyboard Synthesizer with registration for Honky-tonk Piano, Vibraphone, Strings, Celeste, Harpsichord, and Contrabass Clarinet.) 2Percussion I & II
    Mallet Instruments:
    Timpani (2 Pedal Drums), Bells, Xylophone, Vibraphone, Chimes, Suspended Cymbal, Bass Drum/Cymbals Combo, Triangle, Tambourine, Ratchet, Spook Noises - ad lib. (or low Timp.), Siren, Temple Blocks (2 pitches), Mark Tree, Whistle, Anvil, Klaxon Horn, Gong, Steel SFX, Steel Drum (various pitches) and Metalic Objects (or Steel Drum ad lib.).
    Trap Drum Set:
    Snare Drum (brushes & sticks), Bass Drum, Tom Tom (2 pitches), Wood Block (2 pitches), Cow Bell (3 pitches), Triangle, Tam Tam, Spook Noises-ad lib., Cymbals-Hi-Hat, suspended, crash & ride, Metalic Objects (opt: various Cow Bells), Hollow Cylinder (opt: low pitch Cow Bell) and Chimes (Bb Eb F).

Piano-Conductor's Score & Rehearsal Piano Score sent with Rehearsal Material

Go Back to forum