• Register
  • Help

Topic: Newbie can't get to scripts....

Share/Bookmark

Newbie can't get to scripts....

Is there no way to change the default articulation? The manual says open the script editor but there is no wrench icon. It is stuck on a spizzicato that is not really playable. Any help?

Alan

Re: Newbie can't get to scripts....

Quote Originally Posted by Iplayjazz
    The manual says open the script editor but there is no wrench icon. It is stuck on a spizzicato that is not really playable.Alan
    Hi Alan,

Welcome to the forum.

"Spizzicato"? If you mean a short attack and then nothing except bow noise, I can only guess that you haven't set your CC#11 control (preferably a continuos pedal) to a medium level.

The CC#11 control is absolutely vital, as described in the manual and many threads on this forum, since it acts as a combined level and tone colour control.

The Strad scripting is closed to the user. Where in the manual does it say to open the script editor? Perhaps you're referring to the keyswitches, which do set the different articulations?

HTH

Joey

ok.....I don't own a volume pedal, can't this be assigned to a fader on my Alesis QS8 then? Well, anyways, I will give it a try when I can fire up the studio again . Thanks for info. I must admit that I didn't really dig in deep to the forum before purchasing, but loved some of the demos people had done.

alan

Assigning a fader to CC#11 should be fine. Might be a bit stressful for your left hand, though, since the Mod wheel (CC#1) is also important in realtime playing, controlling vibrato amount.

/Joey

Quote Originally Posted by Iplayjazz
    ok.....I don't own a volume pedal, can't this be assigned to a fader on my Alesis QS8 then? Well, anyways, I will give it a try when I can fire up the studio again . Thanks for info. I must admit that I didn't really dig in deep to the forum before purchasing, but loved some of the demos people had done.

alan
    I have a QS8 (original - and for your sake, I hope the original too, because they removed aftertouch in later models). You can set any of the sliders to cc11, and until you get an expression pedal, you'll need to do this.

The important controllers are CC11, mod wheel, and aftertouch. In order to be able to use all at the same time, you should try to find yourself an expression pedal, when your budget provides for it.

I got this (http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/EV5/) for ~$70 (I think you can find it for less). Works perfectly with the QS8.
    Also, available is an Alesis model (http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/F2/) for ~$80, which I'm sure would work well too.

Go Back to forum