• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: is it over

Share/Bookmark

is it over

Are there any new lib. for Gigastudio in the pipline? or is it over?
    Look to Sonivox... they work now with the Halion player...

Re: is it over

I have the same feeling, Anton. I wonder why the newer players can convert Giga, but not the reverse. GVI looks to be the answer so far, but I like the original Giga configuration and am avoiding GVI.

I have asked the Giga forum if there is a translator that would do this, but there is no interest by way of a reply. I also wondered why a secondary developer couldn't contract with others to convert at least the older programs (Miroslav and Advanced Orchestra not to mention Garritan Strings) in their newest format.

How lucrative is it for every developer to have exclusive vertical integration of product for the same market of buyers? $1000, 2500, 5000, 15,000 and if you have to ask the price don't apply. That song needs an ending. Are there that many professionals with that large an income from music?

It will be interesting to see what Garritan's new player, sequencer and libraries will bring to the mix. Is a reasonable music life possible within one complete package?

Change is inevitable. I wish I could say the same for financial resources.
    tony

Westgate just released their horn for Giga (and K2) a couple of weeks ago. And the rest of the Modular should keep popping out at regular intervals. Also, Tim has said that he's considering a built-in GVI-player version.

It is true Westgate is the last fine player in the Gigagame... I love there instruments!
    There are still fantastic things for Gigastudio like the wonderfull Illo Origins witch is updating these days.
    I think Tascam has to speak a lot with the sampling guys out there and help theme...

[QUOTE=Anton Bruckner]It is true Westgate is the last fine player in the Gigagame... I love there instruments!
    QUOTE]

Don't forget about Sampletekk and Bela D. I'm sure there's more, still. Let's hope for some new cats to come along and fill the void left by so many great developers gone astray....

Belbin

Doesn't Project SAM make libraries for GS? How about Dan Dean and Kirk Hunter?

Quote Originally Posted by Anton Bruckner
    Are there any new lib. for Gigastudio in the pipline? or is it over?
    Look to Sonivox... they work now with the Halion player...
    Don't panic

That was produced by Fable Sounds.

As for SONiVOX produced product, we will choose the right engine for the job.

Best regards,

aj
    Al Joelson
    SONiVOX
    www.sonivoxmi.com

project SAM does excellent stuff for GS3.

Check it out!

Jorgen
    www.lauritsen.org

Over?

I don't think so... but you judge for yourself:

http://www.northernsounds.com/forum/...ad.php?t=51337
    — alanb

http://alanb.org

http://www.myspace.com/arsperspicuus

Quote Originally Posted by alanb
    Over?

I don't think so... but you judge for yourself:

http://www.northernsounds.com/forum/...ad.php?t=51337
    Alan...I'm getting an invalid topic message when I click that link...to what are you referring?

Belbin

Go Back to forum