• Register
  • Help

Topic: Audiophile/SB Live with Cake/Giga

Share/Bookmark

Audiophile/SB Live with Cake/Giga

I\'m new to Gigastudio, but a Cakewalk veteran... Bought an Audiophile 2496, but I\'m a bit confused. Since it only has RCA jacks, do I need to buy an amplifier to play to my speakers or headphones? I also have an SB Live installed, but shall I assume that the Audiophile can\'t play through it? Would I even want to?

Sorry - so new, so much to learn...
    Thanks in advance

Re: Audiophile/SB Live with Cake/Giga

I have bought Audiophile last week and play thru my Creative Fps 2000. You can also by an (2 rca to 1 stereo female) and use Headfones it workes but maby it depends on what headfones you have
    when I tested I was not able to change the volume
    in the Audio Delta control panel.
    What speakers do you used to Sb-live ?
    jansor@telia.com

Re: Audiophile/SB Live with Cake/Giga

Originally posted by Accroya:
    I\'m new to Gigastudio, but a Cakewalk veteran... Bought an Audiophile 2496, but I\'m a bit confused. Since it only has RCA jacks, do I need to buy an amplifier to play to my speakers or headphones? I also have an SB Live installed, but shall I assume that the Audiophile can\'t play through it? Would I even want to?

Sorry - so new, so much to learn...
    Thanks in advance
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">You better get a mixer... little mixer to connect outputs from SB Live & Aufiophile!
    I have Spirit Folio Notepad, very nice little mixer and there is headphone out too !

Of course, you can connect Audiophile outputs straight to the active speakers,
    but then you don\'t have out for headphones and where you attach your SB Live outs,
    if you need SB anymore?

So, get a mixer!

Go Back to forum