Share/Bookmark

Yinga Fuedy

This is a demo in ethnic style

Yinga Fuedy

All the best,
    Roberto

Re: Yinga Fuedy

That was exquisite... very well done!!

The only teeny tiny things that sounded out of place, to my ears, were the few piano notes near the beginning. The notes themselves were great, but somehow the image of an acoustic piano, sitting atop the lonely mountain steppe upon which I envisioned the song being performed/lived through, sort of broke my mental picture momentarily.

Had those same notes been played on a region-appropriate stringed instrument, it would have been perfetto...

One small opinion, feel free to take it with a grain of salt...

Other than that one small cavil, I really enjoyed it.
    — alanb

http://alanb.org

http://www.myspace.com/arsperspicuus

Thanks man,
    you are perfectly right. I was thinking about that since from the beginning.
    I am gonna change that soon!!

Thanks again,
    Roberto

Nicely done. I agree about the piano.

Possibly the only other thing might be that the flute player seems to have a super human set of lungs.

It sounds really good, has a great mood.

thanks Steve,
    I appreciate that!

All the best,
    Roberto

I rarely visit this part of the forum, Roberto; and
    I have almost missed this piece of yours, for which
    I apologize. It would have been my loss.

As with all you do, this is exquisitely beautiful work;
    deeply moving me. And the sound! The perfect
    blendings and flow of it... Roberto, I think it is safe
    to say, for you it is impossible to write a bad note.

Beautifully done, my friend.

With admiration,

David
    www.DavidSosnowski.com

Quote Originally Posted by etLux
    I rarely visit this part of the forum, Roberto; and
    I have almost missed this piece of yours, for which
    I apologize. It would have been my loss.

As with all you do, this is exquisitely beautiful work;
    deeply moving me. And the sound! The perfect
    blendings and flow of it... Roberto, I think it is safe
    to say, for you it is impossible to write a bad note.

Beautifully done, my friend.

With admiration,

David
    www.DavidSosnowski.com

Thanks David,
    always kind man!
    Thank you so much. I think it is the same for you!
    You always put the right note where it needs!

The admiration is mine. Have a great one!
    Roberto

Roberto!

Well done on this wonderful piece of music! I really like it!

On a note about the piano, mentioned before. Although I do understand why for some people the piano might not work, for me it actually does work. Your music, has a considerable ammount of ethinc feeling on to it, but it is also following western ideas and film music ideas, harmony wise as well as melodic wise, so personally I didn't find the piano out of place. It gave a more "filmy" feeling, but nothing else apart from that. If you're after a more genouine ethinc feeling, take it out indeed, if not then leave it does fit perfectly for me!

As for the flutes, I think that there are at least 2 flutes going around, which could be an "excuse" for the lack of air. And indeed in Greece we have people that can play for 10-20 minutes without stoping theri blowings. (clarinet actually, single reed, I'm under the impression that the flute is the most difficult to perform cyclic breathing, but probably not impossible, especially in ethnic cultures... I mean either way thre are people who spent more than 5 minutes under water, and I can't last even half a minute )

Final note:

Apart from enjoying posting a lot the other reason is that I have your track on loop. Once I quit posting I'll go back to Finale, and I'll have to stop it.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephen McMahan
    Roberto,

Sounds great! - I detect some RA and maybe some Colossus in there. As for the "flute player" - don't pay that too much mind - most wind players in other cultures practice cyclic breathing - I have heard Japanese flutists and Aboriginee digeridoo players go on for up to twenty minutes without a noticable break in the sound. Also - the low wooden flutes take much less air to blow.

This is very impressive - as is I have come to expect when I see you post something on one of the boards. This one made my day - thanks! Next month
    - RA and Colossus? Hmmm... Let's see ... I don't really need to eat....

Stephen

thanks Stephen,
    this is mainly RA.
    and there are 5 flutes in this score! form different word regions.

Thanks again,
    Roberto

Quote Originally Posted by nikolas
    Roberto!

Well done on this wonderful piece of music! I really like it!

On a note about the piano, mentioned before. Although I do understand why for some people the piano might not work, for me it actually does work. Your music, has a considerable ammount of ethinc feeling on to it, but it is also following western ideas and film music ideas, harmony wise as well as melodic wise, so personally I didn't find the piano out of place. It gave a more "filmy" feeling, but nothing else apart from that. If you're after a more genouine ethinc feeling, take it out indeed, if not then leave it does fit perfectly for me!

As for the flutes, I think that there are at least 2 flutes going around, which could be an "excuse" for the lack of air. And indeed in Greece we have people that can play for 10-20 minutes without stoping theri blowings. (clarinet actually, single reed, I'm under the impression that the flute is the most difficult to perform cyclic breathing, but probably not impossible, especially in ethnic cultures... I mean either way thre are people who spent more than 5 minutes under water, and I can't last even half a minute )

Final note:

Apart from enjoying posting a lot the other reason is that I have your track on loop. Once I quit posting I'll go back to Finale, and I'll have to stop it.

Thank you vey much Nikolas!

All the best,
    Roberto

Go Back to forum