• Register
  • Help

Topic: Crash MFC42.DLL

Share/Bookmark

Crash MFC42.DLL

Well, The whole program Gigasampler Crashes on startup...THIS PROGRAM HAS PERFORMED AN ILLEGAL OPERATION.
    It is causeing an ivalid page fault in Module MFC42.DLL at 0167:5f4040e8 .
    This is wonderful...Here I set with Quantum Leap Guitar & Bass Cd-Rom in a Gigasampler format that cost me 280.00 to get it here and I can\'t even get this Damn thing to startup.....HELP_ME_PLEAZZZZ

Re: Crash MFC42.DLL

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by mickeybo:
    Well, The whole program Gigasampler Crashes on startup...THIS PROGRAM HAS PERFORMED AN ILLEGAL OPERATION.
    It is causeing an ivalid page fault in Module MFC42.DLL at 0167:5f4040e8 .
    This is wonderful...Here I set with Quantum Leap Guitar & Bass Cd-Rom in a Gigasampler format that cost me 280.00 to get it here and I can\'t even get this Damn thing to startup.....HELP_ME_PLEAZZZZ
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Dear mickeybo

Just bought GS LE v1.6 and have experienced the exact same problem as yourself! Did you manage go solve it? I\'d be most greatful if you could help in any way.

sincerely
    Dtad

I had this same problem. I fixed it by downloading 1.62 from the Nemesys website. Try this and if it doesn\'t work there are some other things to try. The problem is that the MFC42.dll supplied with the program has an apparent error in it.

regards,
    Tim

Sorry it took so long to respond. The file I have is dated 8/23/98, the one on the disk is newer. Try this before anything else though, If you have a directsound compatible card, disable it and enable multiclient sound. The MFC42.dll defect seems to have to do with this. Oddly, I tried it on 4 machines, each with a Gina or Layla and I had to do this on 3. I don\'t know why the fourth machine worked. Odd.

Hope this helps,
    Tim

What\'s the Date/Time stamp on the good file?

Thanks Trolls,

I had the problem with the WaveCenterPCI, which is supposed to coexist with direct sound cards (in this case a Pinnacle). I pulled the Pinnie and did the fresh everything install dance, and resolved the problem. It would be nice if NemeSys would enlighten us about this problem!

Had the same problem. The Nemesys website is not much use with these kinds of issues...they must know about the problem if so many users are having it!

Also, I don\'t see a link for 1.62 on the Nemesys website..?

Thanks!

-David

I\'ll check into where this info is and make sure it gets into the FAQ. Disabling the direct sound of the card (usually an Echo card with 5.x drivers0 will fix this or you can get the 1.61 patch update.
    I\'ll work to make this more prominent on the web site.
    Take care
    Dave of NemeSys

Go Back to forum