• Register
  • Help

Topic: GPO on separate PC doesn't respond to volume

Share/Bookmark

GPO on separate PC doesn't respond to volume

Hello everyone,

I'm running Logic 7.2 on my Mac Book Pro and GPO within Forte on a separate PC. I noticed something funny when I tried to fade in the Steinway Piano from zero volume. It seems as if GPO doesn't respond to volume in this configuration. To try and isolate the problem, I quit Forte and just ran GPO standalone. Again, I was able to play notes fine, and I found that if I adjusted the volume knob on GPO directly with the mouse, it did respond and got louder and softer as expected. However, if I used the volume control on my MIDI controller, the volume knob on GPO would visually MOVE, and the dB value would change, but there would be no change in the actual sound.

In Forte, I find that it doesn't respond whether I move the volume knob manually with the mouse or if I use my MIDI controller. What's even stranger is the fact that instruments DO respond fine to the mod wheel, and so I know that the configuration is actually correct. But my experience when I was using GPO as a plug-in directly in Logic is that instruments (like a clarinet for example) should respond both to Volume and Modulation independently. Has anyone else experienced this kind of thing?

Thanks!

-Greg

Re: GPO on separate PC doesn't respond to volume

Wait a sec...may have spoken too soon. I've actually got GPO responding to cc7 and cc1 in Forte now. Will see if I can reproduce the problem...

Re: GPO on separate PC doesn't respond to volume

Quote Originally Posted by chune11
    Wait a sec...may have spoken too soon. I've actually got GPO responding to cc7 and cc1 in Forte now. Will see if I can reproduce the problem...
    The culprit is probably the GPO player. In the setup, you can activate/deactivate the Kontakt Player's responsiveness to CC7 (volume) and CC10 (panning).

CC1 will always be effective.

This would explain why wind instruments responded (to CC1), but the piano did not (to CC7).

Go Back to forum