• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Trumpet Falls

Share/Bookmark

Trumpet Falls

I tried this probably in the wrong forum, so here goes again:

Ok, I've tried (yes, even read the manual), but I can't get an effective fall-off with trumpets. If someone could please explain the technique in finale for assigning a fall-off, I would appreciate it. I have assigned cc15=40 and I get something of a flaa (not good) but it affects many of the pitches above c2 afterwords. I tried assigning a 0 (zero) value to cc15 then including only the fall where i want it, but I don't seem to hear a difference.

Any help for this JABB Challenged individual would be appreciated.

Re: Trumpet Falls

You seemed to be doing the CC15 right before the fall-off. Make sure you set CC15 to 0 right after the note with the fall-off.

Jim

I will give that a try, thanks Jim.

Ok, I must be stupid, because I can get no falls. I am using Bb (4th space of staff) and have set a expression mark to a contoller value of 15 (cc=15) with the word:NO FALL as a value of 0 and FALL as a value of 40. I reset the to NO FALL after the note I want to fall. i.e. Start of staff NO FALL note to fall I place the FALL above, next note I assign the NO FALL - I hear no change in sound no fall, only the slight whimperings of my voice as I cry.

Quote Originally Posted by wrayer
    I am using Bb (4th space of staff)
    Ok, maybe I am stupid, but what clef are you using? Sounds like you are using Soprano Clef if you have a Bb on the 4th Space.
    //
    // Ars longa, vita brevis
    // http://edosbear.blogspot.com/
    //

Oops - now I can't even count - 3rd space - I'd better get my brain rechecked. (Bb above middle C on Treble Clef - or C above middle C transposed Bb Trumpet)

The falls are not on all the keys. The Bb on the 3rd line may be below the range that they start. Try playing the keys above that to see if you get the falls.

Jim

Well, I am a bit frustrated because I still get no falls in Finale '07 If I use the glissando mark I get a glissando, but I am trying to use the cc15 and take advantage of the release control. I have tried as mentioned above with no success. Since a picture is worth a 1000 words I present two pictures that illustrate what I have done, maybe someone can see a flaw.

Musical score

Picture of the controller Settings

Please help me learn this, I must be doing something wrong.

Thanks

Bill,

Take a look at this Finale file - it works at this end!

www.stradjazz.com/CC15stuff.MUS
    Richard N.

Finale 2003 to 2007 ~ Garritan GPO, JABB & Strad ~ Sonar 6PE ~ Kontakt 2 ~ WinXP Home SP2

Athlon XP 2200 ~ 1.5 Gb RAM ~ M-Audio Sound Card ~ M-Audio 88ES MIDI keyboard ~ Evolution MK-461C

Bach Strad LT16MG, LT36G, 42B + B&H Sovereign Studio Tenor Trombones ~ Holton 181 Bass Trombone ~ Getzen Bass Trumpet ~ Yamaha TR4335G Trumpet ~ B&H Euphonium

Quote Originally Posted by Richard N.
    Bill,

Take a look at this Finale file - it works at this end!

www.stradjazz.com/CC15stuff.MUS
    Ah Ha said the blind man as he picked up his hammer and saw!

I get it. I was running notes too close together to get the effect. Thanks Richard!!!!!

Go Back to forum