• Register
  • Help

Topic: Gigastudio won't open....help!

Share/Bookmark

Gigastudio won't open....help!

Hi guys! I'm new here, but have a question.

I've had an older gigastudio up and running for years, but wanted to upgrade with a second system. I bought a used computer with Gigastudio Orchestra on it. The previous owner deleted his "user" from XP and started a new one for me under my name.

The computer boots fine and everything seems to work, but Giga will not open. I see the flash screen for a micro second, but the program will not open. If I go to the GS Editor, I get an error message saying that the correct drivers are not installed and do I want to install them. If I click 'yes", the editor will open up, but still the Gigastudio app won't.

Any ideas here? I'm a mac user, so I'm pretty ignorant of PC/XP related issues that may be affecting this. Thanks in advance for any help!

Cheers,

Bill

Re: Gigastudio won't open....help!

Hi,
    I'm not sure if this helps or not, but GS doesn't open unless there's a GSIF sound card recognized or you have a rewire mode setup.

at least this is, how it was for my case

(also if you have put a newer version you MUST uninstall the last versions of GS.)
    pt

Quote Originally Posted by drBill
    Hi guys! I'm new here, but have a question.

I've had an older gigastudio up and running for years, but wanted to upgrade with a second system. I bought a used computer with Gigastudio Orchestra on it. The previous owner deleted his "user" from XP and started a new one for me under my name.

The computer boots fine and everything seems to work, but Giga will not open. I see the flash screen for a micro second, but the program will not open. If I go to the GS Editor, I get an error message saying that the correct drivers are not installed and do I want to install them. If I click 'yes", the editor will open up, but still the Gigastudio app won't.

Any ideas here? I'm a mac user, so I'm pretty ignorant of PC/XP related issues that may be affecting this. Thanks in advance for any help!

Cheers,

Bill

Go Back to forum