• Register
  • Help

Topic: Big Band - Fever -

Big Band - Fever -

Here is an arrangment I've made for a singer.
    A Jazz-Guitar version:
    And as playback:

1.Trumpet - Chris Hein Horns
    2.Trumpet - Quantum Leap Brass
    3.Trumpet - Chris Hein Horns
    4.Trumpet - Old Roland Brass

1.Alto Sax - Chris Hein Horns
    2.Alto Sax - Quantum Leap Brass
    1.Tenor Sax - Chris Hein Horns
    2.Tenor Sax - Quantum Leap Brass
    Bariton Sax - Old Roland Brass

1.Trombone - Chris Hein Horns
    2.Trombone - VSL Trombone
    3.Trombone - Chris Hein Horns
    4.Trombone - SAM Horns

Guitar: Chris Hein Jazz-Guitar (mostly acoustic signal)
    Piano: Giga Piano
    Bass: Chris Hein Upright Bass
    Drums: Addictive Drums with some additional Cymbals

Chris Hein
    Chris Hein - Horns / Chris Hein - Guitars / Chris Hein - Bass

Arrow Re: Big Band - Fever -

Did I read "Chris Hein Upright Bass" ?! Is this an upcoming, or part of an upcoming Kontakt Player 2 instrument ?

When I read that I suddenly thought : "Hey, he is recording Chris Hein Basses" .

So, what's up with that "Chris Hein Upright Bass" ?

Hum... about the arrangment I think that it sounds great, nice melody and rhythm .

Re: Big Band - Fever -

Hello Chris,
    I liked your arrangement much, and IMO it shows (once again) that affordable libraries can make a convincing song, in the hands of talented people. (particularly with mixing several ones)
    About CHH, as I told you once, I think that they would be even better if ported to K2 player, with the addition of devoted scripts (a good legato, some vibrato variations, and a few alternating programs too).
    Anyway, I still like it as is (with the help of SIPS), and will certainly have to spend a good amount of time before being able to honestly say that I did every possible thing with this library....
    And about a CH upright, I'm quite interested too, even if this arrangment did not reveal a lot of its aspects. I suppose this is a "in the works" project, which will not be available for a while ?
    Fortunately, I have CHG to keep patience with !

I find the tpts and bones more convincing than the saxes but very nice anyway.
    Composer, Logic Certified Trainer, Level 2,
    author of "Going Pro with Logic Pro 9."

Wow! This sounds great!

Trumpets, saxes and trombones are pretty convincing to me. Not to start a big debate, but I think they hold up well to the pricey but excellent Broadway Big Band demos we just got. If nothing else, this is more in the style of stuff I actually do in scoring gigs.

The guitar I was less impressed by. Too much hard plucking for my tastes. Then again, it's carrying a very exposed melody, so the slightest giveaways are going to get noticed.

I recently did a number of cues where I mixed CHH with Screaming Trumpets and it's interesting how two libraries together can give you a beefier sound.

- Mike Greene

Quote Originally Posted by K-Slash
    Did I read "Chris Hein Upright Bass" ?! Is this an upcoming, or part of an upcoming Kontakt Player 2 instrument ?
    Yes, but I don't know when it will be available.

Chris Hein
    Chris Hein - Horns / Chris Hein - Guitars / Chris Hein - Bass

I have been out of the loop for a while but still dreaming about a virtual upright bass that you can play! This one sounds like it might be a dream come true. I have other upright bass libraries and they are very good, but the slides, glisses and whack and especially the buzzes in bars 4 and 10 - it sounds like someone playing the bass! It captures the general wonderful dirtyness of the instrument. There is still something odd about it - it's great that it captures the steel string sustain but it almost sounds too metallic - I wouldn't mind working on this in the mix though. The vibrato in bar 11 sounds almost perfect or maybe it IS perfect and it's just not the way I would play.

I'm drooling, when is it coming out? I'll pay for a beta - seriously.

Sounds fabulous! The only thing I hear is at 2:43 the trumpets stop, and sounds a little unnatural (too sudden). The rest is fantastic.

I've been sitting on the fence trying to decide which brass library to get amoung several things out there. This one may be it. I like the detail and effort that went into the trumpets, they have very nice shake vibrato!

Question about breath noise- is the amount of breath noise adjustable (can make louder/softer)? Or it's just part of the sample?

Go Back to forum