• Register
  • Help

Topic: OT-Finally Up and Running

Pacific Northwest

OT-Finally Up and Running

Good news. At long last I have a computer that can run GPO, and am at last up and running, finally!

One slight problem... given sight issues, I have always used Finale 2002 in a reverse screen image mode, something that is no longer possible in 2007 (or 2006). Staff and bar lines can no longer be forced to conform to Windows configurations, and black staves and barlines do not look very good against a solid black background (you mean you still want to see them?? ). I may end up going back to Finale 2002 (and yes, Finale support has been contacted, and the issue has gone on the bug list).

Side note: Gary, also due to visual problems I executed the registration of GPO something less than flawlessly, and have sent you an email about it, but realize full well that it may be quite awhile before you can get back to me given your scheduled 5198114862432418798420546246461318519803274861894 trade shows and other activities.

Nevertheless, after several months of waiting, I am at last functional within the land of Garritan. Hmm... wondering if first piece should be a transcription for euphonium, viola, lute, and bagpipes of Cage's 4 1/2 minutes of silence. Hmm...

Re: OT-Finally Up and Running

I think that Cage's 4 1/2 minutes would sound best on the Gofriller Cello myself!

Seriously, welcome to GPO and Garritanland. I can't wait to hear some of your less silent works than the Cage one.
    [Music is the Rhythm, Harmony and Breath of Life]
    "Music is music, and a note's a note" - Louis 'Satchmo' Armstrong

Go Back to forum