• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Return

Share/Bookmark

Return

Return - For flute, glockenspiel, marimba and strings.

Warning: this is a long piece, and a large file. Also, I am using a new hosting site, so if there are problems, let me know. It seems that you must download the file, as opposed to it opening in a browser - perhaps someone knows how I can change that?

http://homepage.mac.com/ronpearl/.cv...rn.mp3-zip.zip

Ron Pearl

edit: posted wrong link. off to a good start...

Re: Return

Ron,

It appears that the file that is downloading is a zip file and not an mp3 file. Why is this? Normally the music would be obtained through the use of the music file in mp3 format. For many of us we can play the mp3 using streaming, while downloading instead of waiting for a complete download to occur. If the actual music file mp3? Wav files are vastly to large to be practical for downloading.

Gary

www.garybricault.com

Gary,

It is an mp3 file - I don't know why the .zip is there. As I said, it is a large file - 20 mg or so... They are uploaded as mp3 files, so I'll fish around and see what needs to be done. Stay tuned.

Ron

Hi Ron,
    Well I had no problem downloading the zip file and listening to the .wav. Only about 20 Megs for the download. Windows XP will extract the wav. file for you automatically.
    Wow, what a unique achievement. I don't think I've heard anything quite like this before here on the forum. You have such patience with this work. Each voice slowly growing more expressive by the minute while sustaining a dream-like state of mind. What a wonderful story. The introduction reminds me of a rain storm. For a few minutes you have sporadic drops here and there until the rain starts to pour. Great work on this and excellent instrument choice. Even though it is 15 minutes long and kept the same arrangement it held my interest all the way. That's a true gift ... Thank you for sharing this one.

Michael
    "...Wiktor's a Jekyll-Hyde personality..." - Lycos Music
    http://www.miserymadebeautiful.com

Nope, sorry about that. It is an MP3 file ...

Michael
    "...Wiktor's a Jekyll-Hyde personality..." - Lycos Music
    http://www.miserymadebeautiful.com

The file came down quite effortlessly on my side....

What a captivating piece this is. The choice of soloists is quite unusual and create a delightful sound. Thank you .
    Kind Regards

Louis Dekker
    My Music Site

Pour être grand, il faut avoir été petit.

Easy download here - thanks for sharing. An interesting piece - very subtle.

What a fascinating piece, full of depth and subtlety.
    It sounds quite unique, and unfolds in a beautifully organic manner.
    The string writing is quite stunning, and has moments of pure naked emotion, without ever losing the formal drive of the music.

Superb Ron. I really loved it.

regards Joe

Quote Originally Posted by Michael A. Wiktor
    Hi Ron,
    Well I had no problem downloading the zip file and listening to the .wav. Only about 20 Megs for the download. Windows XP will extract the wav. file for you automatically.
    Wow, what a unique achievement. I don't think I've heard anything quite like this before here on the forum. You have such patience with this work. Each voice slowly growing more expressive by the minute while sustaining a dream-like state of mind. What a wonderful story. The introduction reminds me of a rain storm. For a few minutes you have sporadic drops here and there until the rain starts to pour. Great work on this and excellent instrument choice. Even though it is 15 minutes long and kept the same arrangement it held my interest all the way. That's a true gift ... Thank you for sharing this one.

Michael
    Michael,

I'm glad the piece sustained your interest. It has very little material in terms of thematic ideas - the process of unfolding is something that has fascinated me for a while, now. It's a tricky path, as the line between slow unfolding-with-direction and boring is a narrow one...

Thanks for the comments and for taking the time to listen and download.

Ron

Quote Originally Posted by LouisD
    The file came down quite effortlessly on my side....

What a captivating piece this is. The choice of soloists is quite unusual and create a delightful sound. Thank you .
    Louis,

No, thank you! I agree it is a slightly odd ensemble - strings, fine, add flute, fine - but the marimba is the odd one out. Still, it seemed like the correct choice.

Glad the download went ok - the new online storage works as advertised!

Ron

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast