• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: Finally an official Jupiter clone.

Share/Bookmark

Finally an official Jupiter clone.

Here it is. I think a lot of people have wanted to see this for a long time.

http://www.arturia.com/evolution/en/...-8v/intro.html

Re: Finally an official Jupiter clone.

It has a dongle.

True, but if you use Steinberg products already (or VSL VI) it's no big deal as you can add it to an already existing one.

D

Really glad for Arturia....they also have hardware now

Quote Originally Posted by Daryl
    True, but if you use Steinberg products already (or VSL VI) it's no big deal as you can add it to an already existing one.

D
    Hi

It's a big deal if you are not happy adding yet more uninsurable value to a small piece of plastic!

Tempting though for a Jupiter sound!

Regards
    Tyrone Howe

Quote Originally Posted by tyronehowe
    It's a big deal if you are not happy adding yet more uninsurable value to a small piece of plastic!

Actually - anything is insurable provided you have the right policy and can prove ownership.

The Jupiter-8V is going to be a monster synth. I spent four days at the NAMM show doing demos for it and the Origin at Arturia's booth, and the folks that got a chance to hear it were impressed.

It's going to be a great emulation, but Arturia has also added some new wrinkles that will let the instrument do things that the original could never do. They've added the ability to drop effects into the middle of the synthesis line - between the VCO and VCF - or between the VCF and VCA (as well as the obvious post-VCA insert points) which can radically alter the sound. Also, the effect that are dropped into the synthesis line can be modulated by a number of sources, including the envelopes, LFOs, and the new "Galaxy" modulation scheme that they've cooked up. So you'll have a range of "purist" patches, and then a whole new level of programming in this synth. It's going to be a lot of fun to see (and hear) what the programmers will come up with when this thing hits the streets.
    Houston Haynes - Titan Line Music

Thanks for the info Houston. This is one of those synths that I always wished I could have had but never did. I cant wait to pick this one up. Now if only the fellows over at Arturia could get us an Oberheim clone going. The sound of the OB-8 was probably THE most influencial sound in my case as an aspiring keyboard player back in the 80s. That and the OBx. Maybe next year?

Keep hoping - it's really up to Gibson to allow use of the name.
    Houston Haynes - Titan Line Music

Actually what I want is an emulation of IMHO the best sounding analog synth ever, the Memorymoog.
    Composer, Logic Certified Trainer, Level 2,
    author of "Going Pro with Logic Pro 9."

www.jayasher.com

Quote Originally Posted by Ashermusic
    Actually what I want is an emulation of IMHO the best sounding analog synth ever, the Memorymoog.
    To some extent you have one with the Arturia MinimoogD, since it will play polyphonically. BTW if you want the real thing I'm thinking of selling mine- it needs work done but I'll make a fantastic deal.

Go Back to forum