• Register
  • Help

Topic: "Vistas"

Share/Bookmark

"Vistas"

Muzikvolkes,

This is my "Vistas", with some musical 'fireworks' at the end, after a slow beginning. IHere is the score in PDF format.

When I first posted this music about a year ago, some people reported difficulty streaming the file for some unknown reason.I It's possible, therefore, that the only way to hear it is to download it.

The instrument featured is the GPO Steinway piano.

Regards,

Larry
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

Re: "Vistas"

Larry,

I loved the fireworks!

It really cranks up there at the end. I want to try to play this piece, do you have the score available?

Yea, there is something "funny" with this MP3 file Larry. It plays fine, but it displays the wrong "Total Time" of 1:13, but it play over 3 minutes. So this could definatly have caused problems streaming it.

Cheers,
    Kenny Long

Quote Originally Posted by Kenny Long
    Larry,

I loved the fireworks!

It really cranks up there at the end. I want to try to play this piece, do you have the score available?

Yea, there is something "funny" with this MP3 file Larry. It plays fine, but it displays the wrong "Total Time" of 1:13, but it play over 3 minutes. So this could definatly have caused problems streaming it.

Cheers,
    Kenny Long
    EDIT:

There is a link to the PDF score in my original message above.

Thanks for listening,

Larry
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

As always, I try to start the day with "Alexander's [RagTime] ". Nice to hear Larry, and viewing the score at the same time..... A good beginning...... Now coffee!

Raymond

Quote Originally Posted by Raymond62
    As always, I try to start the day with "Alexander's [RagTime] ". Nice to hear Larry, and viewing the score at the same time..... A good beginning...... Now coffee!

Raymond
    Glad to help you start the day. Thanks for listening.

Larry
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

Hi Larry,

I am still stumbling through it when trying to play at the tempo your recording is in.

I was playing it earlier and two of my kids came up and ask me what I was playing. They really liked it. It is a lot of fun to play.

Cheers
    Kenny

Quote Originally Posted by Kenny Long
    Hi Larry,

I am still stumbling through it when trying to play at the tempo your recording is in.

I was playing it earlier and two of my kids came up and ask me what I was playing. They really liked it. It is a lot of fun to play.

Cheers
    Kenny
    Tell those young'uns of yours that I am glad that they like it. Now, y'all get on that homework!

Thanks for your nice comments, Mr. Kenny. (Keep practicing.)

Regards,

Larry
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

Thanks for the repost, Larry; the fireworks still have
    their spark, just like the first time.

I like strong bass work in piano pieces... a part of this
    I found particularly well done.

David
    www.DavidSosnowski.com
    P.S.:

Larry, is this encoded with a variable bit rate rather
    than constant bit rate? That occasionally can cause
    problems on some players.

Yes, it is a variable bit rate encoding. That ostensibly provides a better quality file, or at least I have been told that by the encoder program developers.

Thanks for your comments, Mr. Dave.

My best,

Larry
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

Go Back to forum