• Register
  • Help

Topic: Minimum PC specification for JABB/Finale 2007

Minimum PC specification for JABB/Finale 2007

I would like to buy a new PC mainly for running Finale 2007 + JABB on. However, I am getting rather confused about which processor will be suitable. The minimum spec. for JABB is quoted as 2.0/2.4 GHz Pentium 4 (depending on whether you look in the manual or the DVD case!), but many new PCs have Core 2 Duo processors in them with generally lower speeds (on paper, at least - 1.6/1.83 GHz, etc.). Several salesmen have told me that the Core 2 Duo processors outperform the older processors anyway, so you cannot compare clock speeds in this way. Also, I have just found out that Finale 2007 only uses one core in a dual core processor, to add to the confusion!

As I will be using JABB with Finale, does this mean that a PC with a 1.6 GHz Core Duo processor will definitely be underspecified? Would I be better off getting a PC with a 2.8 or 3.0 GHz Pentium D processor (which will cost about the same)?

I really don't want to make an expensive mistake, so I would appreciate any advice other users can give me.

David Kear

Cabot Music Productions

Re: Minimum PC specification for JABB/Finale 2007

I have not tested any Core 2 processors yet but I suspect that they will easily outperform faster-clocked Pentium4 machines. Even with Core 2, go with the fastest processor you can afford.

Go Back to forum