• Register
  • Help

Topic: Announcing the Gofriller Cello

Orcas Island

Announcing the Gofriller Cello

For Immediate Release:

Garritan Announces the GOFRILLER SOLO Cello
    Created by Giorgio Tommasini, Stefano Lucato and Gary Garritan

Groundbreaking Sonic Morphing Technology Provides Monumental Realism and Expression

NAMM, Anaheim, CA (January 18, 2007) — Garritan today showed the Gofriller Solo Cello, the latest software instrument using the revolutionary ‘sonic morphing’ process. This Solo Cello software instrument, created by an Italian team in collaboration with Garritan, expands the company’s solo instrument series following the release of the Stradivari Solo Violin.

The Gofriller Solo Cello represents a major step forward in software musical instrument technology and provides a level of realism and expression in the industry. “Following the success of the Stradivari Solo Violin, there has been great interest in other instruments using the Sonic Morphing Technology”, says Gary Garritan.

This new instrument integrates the Native Instruments Kontakt 2 sample player and can be used as a standalone instrument, as a VST, DXi, RTAS or Audio Units plug-in, and can be used with supported notation programs like Finale 2007.

Gofriller Cellos (made nearly three hundred years ago) are among the finest cellos ever made and are known for the rich and beautiful tone. Thanks to the exclusive "Sonic Morphing" technology, this sampled Gofriller Cello lets you seamlessly crossfade among dynamics (pp to ff), continuously control the onset, rate and speed of the vibrato, and shape articulations in real time. The result of these technologies is extraordinary levels of realism, expressiveness and virtuosic performance capabilities in a way that preserves the natural characteristics of the Gofriller Cello. This instrument leaps to life beneath your fingertips!

The Gofriller is priced at $199 and available sonn after the NAMM show.

Re: Announcing the Gofriller Cello

Okay - this is Cool. That's all I can say. And the graphical soundstage is simply an awesome idea. Kudos Gary. Now can you develop that into a full blown sampler that I can import all my kontakt instruments into and place random samples from my personal collections into a simple space? This is hands down one of the coolest ideas I've ever seen.

It's like Gary has done for sampling what Mac did for DOS....... GUI!

West Seneca, NY

Thumbs up Re: Announcing the Gofriller Cello

OK, this is a definite PURCHASE! Just let us know when we can purchase. By the way ... you're not getting off that easy with me today.
    created by an Italian team
    Does it come with PIZZA?

I've been saving a track in The Concerto Project for the Gofriller cello as principal cellist.

(And a track for the upcoming solo viola...)
    Dan Powers

"It's easier to be a composer than it is to compose."
    --Ray Luke (1928-2010)

Can we get some Technique Demos up on the Cello page, like you have for the Strad? I'd like to hear the cello isolated, demonstrating it's capabilities.

Can we also hear the effect of the bow noise controller?

Can anyone beta testing the Gofriller post samples similar to those tech demos?

West Seneca, NY

Talking Re: Announcing the Gofriller Cello

I heard Michael Jackson was singing "cause this is Gofriller, Gofriller night" excitedly at NAMM yesterday. Ezz this true Gary?

As a brand new owner of the Strad (waited for the group buy because I'm cheap ......), I can say that this is a definite no-brainer for me. May not even wait for a deal.

Go Back to forum