• Register
  • Help

Topic: Tracktion3 with GPO on kontakt2

Tracktion3 with GPO on kontakt2

Just see it in the "news", Tracktion 3 will bundle GPO special editions with the kontakt2 player. You can see a screenshot, very little, at their site:

(I love this proggie, but no score view never...
    Marcelo Colina

Orcas Island

Re: Tracktion3 with GPO on kontakt2

Mackie Announces New Garritan Personal Orchestra® Soundware Library for Tracktion 3™ (Mac & PC) and Other Mackie Products

Anaheim, CA, Winter NAMM 2007 (January 18, 2007) — LOUD Technologies Inc. a leading developer and marketer of professional audio equipment under the Mackie, EAW and TAPCO brands; and Garritan, a leading developer of soundware, today announced a the special versions of Garritan Personal Orchestra will be bundled with Mackie Tracktion 3 and a whole range of Mackie products. The special edition of Personal Orchestra will be integrated with the acclaimed Native Instruments Kontakt 2 Player

"We are very excited to be working with the industries premier providers of high quality virtual instrument software” says James “Woody” Woodburn, Mackie Brand Manager. “Garritan Personal Orchestra provides world class orchestral instrumentation seamlessly integrated within the Tracktion 3 environment allowing users to get straight into making music fast."

Mackie Tracktion is the acclaimed revolutionary, easy-to-use music production application that contains everything most people will ever need to professionally record and mix music on a Mac or PC - without all the hassles and limitations of other audio software. Tracktion's hallmark is a clean, single-screen interface and streamlined operation, whether you're recording tracks, MIDI programming, or mixing down songs. It offers rock-solid operation, VST and ReWire support, and very low CPU usage with operating systems ranging from Mac OSX to Windows XP.

"We are very excited see Personal Orchestra bundled with Mackie’s products" says Gary Garritan, President and CEO of Garritan Libraries. "Mackie is truly an innovator in music technology and bundling our award-winning soundware with Mackie's software and hardware products will benefit musicians and the industry at large," added Garritan.

About LOUD Technologies Inc.

LOUD Technologies Inc. is one of the world’s largest dedicated pro audio and music products companies. As the corporate parent for world-recognized brands including Mackie, Alvarez, Ampeg, Crate, EAW, Knilling, SIA and TAPCO, LOUD Technologies Inc. produces a wide range of digital recording products, loudspeakers, commercial audio systems, audio and music software, guitars, guitar and bass amplifiers, and orchestral string instruments. Additionally, LOUD Technologies is one of the largest distributors of branded pro audio and music accessories. Wherever there is music making, live performance, audio recording or playback, LOUD Technologies is there.

Re: Tracktion3 with GPO on kontakt2

I love Tracktion a LOT. This is great news! Gary, who AREN'T you forming partnerships with?

I am assuming the Mackie Tracktion GPO Edition is much like the "lite version" of GPO for Finale? Any new instruments in its soundset?

This will be good news for newbies. Tracktion is a fantastic app in that its interface is great for newbies, but it also is great for pros because it has quite a lot of depth to it.

It does lack a score editor, but that has never been its focus or targetted demographic.

There are a few qualms I have with it, as I do with most apps I use, such as track-freeze does not work worth a hoot on anything but the most LITE of instruments and its MIDI editing needs some polish, but otherwise.. It is a GREAT app.
    Congrats Gary! Yet another partnership with a great company and product.

You're EVERYWHERE, man!

MacBook Pro Intel Core 2 Duo 2.5ghz 4GB Ram OSX 10.5.8
    Korg TritonLe & MAudio Oxygen 8
    T3, Logic 9, DP7, K2, GPO4, Strad, Gofriller, C&MB, Finale 2010

My Website!
    New Film Scores!
    Also, Ever think about having your very own personal documentary? See my new Website!

Go Back to forum