• Register
  • Help

Topic: A Canadian hello, eh

Share/Bookmark

A Canadian hello, eh

I've just purchased the JABB voices and I hope to be very satisfied with them, as I will be using them for my arranging in Finale 2007, but I'm having a terrible time configuring JABB with my computer. I can't even load half of the voices necessary for a big band when I get a message telling me memory is used up. I thought a gig of RAM would get me more than that! In reading the posts on the JABB tech support area I've tried some of the suggestions, but without success. I'm using a new PC with the duo core processor @ 1.86 GHz, and a gig. of RAM. Man, I'm frustrated. But....once everything gets sorted I'd be delighted to be an active member of the forum to offer others assistance, as I am now seeking that same assistance from other, more experienced Garritan/Finale users.

Cheers group!

...Brent
    Swing Shift Big Band - Toronto

Intel(R) Core(TM)2CPU
    6300 @ 1.86GHz
    1.86 GHz, 2.99 GB of RAM

Hardware issues (cont'd)

Thanks a million for the quick reply. Forgive me for my ignorance, but how do you turn on disk streaming? Is that the button under the 'options' in Kontackt? Is the button set to be on (lime green coloured), or deselected (dark green)? I don't know if I'm supposed to be locking the memory, or unlocking it. It seems to me I've tried it both ways without success. Is my processor fast enough? I thought I was buying the quickest available. And, do I run Kontackt with both processors enabled or just one (like Finale)?

Thanks for all help and advice.

...Brent
    Swing Shift Big Band - Toronto

Intel(R) Core(TM)2CPU
    6300 @ 1.86GHz
    1.86 GHz, 2.99 GB of RAM

Go Back to forum