• Register
  • Help

Topic: Automating RMX in Ableton Live

Share/Bookmark

Question Automating RMX in Ableton Live

Hi good people! Just new here, so hello.
    I am having major problems getting my BCR 2000 to automate RMX in Live. I have seen that you cant use the "learn midi" function in Live to my dismay. I can automate the midi functions that i can see in the midi window in Live, like the Master volume of RMX, but how do i automate things like Chaos on/off or the slider for Chaos etc for each of the 8 drum tracks? These things are not listed in my "device parameters" window. If i move any of the buttons/sliders in RMX, none of the parameter No's activate so I don't know which ones i am trying to assign.
    I've tried everything i can think of and am getting frustrated
    I do love RMX, but i want to get into it more re using buttons & knobs to tweak it out on my bcr2000.
    Please any advice would be great.
    Thanks.....

Question Re: Automating RMX in Ableton Live

Here I am, replying to my own post, but somebody suggested that there are work arounds to this problem on the Spectrasonics site.???

I have a registered & legit copy of RMX, but i can not find any of the "work-arounds" on their site.
    Please direct me to this information.

Do I have to run RMX in a different DAW & then rewire results into Live to get the most out of this wonderful drum program? That would be a pain in the arse to learn a new DAW.(and to buy more software).

Any other comments?
    Thanks....
    Going
    PC AMD 64 dual/ Ableton Live/Bcr2000/MBox/Rsn & Heaps of Vst's......

Re: Automating RMX in Ableton Live

What version of Live are you using?
    Tim

Quote Originally Posted by Sibanger
    I have seen that you cant use the "learn midi" function in Live to my dismay.
    I'm not sure why you're dismayed, MIDI Learn works fine in Live. There is an RMX video tutorial that covers using RMX with Live that you can download from the RMX support site.

- Glenn

You wouldn't believe it
    Man, I can be such a retard sometimes.
    It's got to be something to do with my age or something.
    I was told that you couldn't do it by some dude and I started to believe it, but it all comes down to this.
    After pressing Midi learn on RMX, when clicking on the assignable button or slider on RMX, you have to hold the mouse click down while pressing the button or slider on my midi hardware.
    I was just clicking on it with my mouse, not holding the mouse click down.
    OOOOOOOOPS
    All good!

Thank you for the replies.
    PC AMD 64 dual/ Ableton Live/Bcr2000/MBox/Rsn & Heaps of Vst's......

Go Back to forum