• Register
  • Help

Topic: Notion Wish list post 1.6

Share/Bookmark

Notion Wish list post 1.6

-Allow (command-return)Play to work when mixer window is in front.
    {also a Single key play would be nice}
    -remember the tool window (+) opened
    -Link separate MIDI channel numbering per stave via Music-XML export.
    -selectable playback measure region (This would also work with save as wav file)
    -Glissando markings with Hidden notes inside (Harps)

-(Bug?) Adding instruments to score (In Progress) (Score setup): New staff should include all key changes and meter markings!

Thank you.

Re: Notion Wish list post 1.6

These are really good suggestions. In particlar I like the single key for playback (I have found the keyboard short cuts cut down on the work time a ton) and having the option to select measures for playback would be nice -- the wav. option would be icing on the cake.

Keeping the "wish" in the wish list part going I'd like to see more options with the guitar in the latest sound kit. The instrument sounds a bit thin, as if played directly into the recording board,as I don't recall reading anything about the pre-amp or other equipiment using in the process (forgive me if I am wrong about this). This is fine for a jazz based application (note, I am not saying it is a bad sounding instrument) but seems to lack versatility in certain areas. I am involved in several diffferent types of projects and a fatter sound would help.

In this vein, I would like to see a "macro" type function for repetitive chords with the guitar. I realize that may be far fetched and the copy function helps here somewhat, but the ability to build macro keys for certain chords for certain songs/files would help a great deal. I have no idea if this is even remotely possible.

I was lucky enough over the holiday season to add three sound kits to my Notion, plus all of the updates. They have only added to the enjoyment. The latest package, the Rythyhm kit is a real gem. I can't wait for the solo strings package and other improvements/ changes that are in the works.

thanks, Hawksong

Glissando markings with Hidden notes inside (Harps)
    Yes, professional harp notation(with pedal marks)would be nice.
    massimo

Quote Originally Posted by TDet
    -Allow (command-return)Play to work when mixer window is in front.
    {also a Single key play would be nice}
    -remember the tool window (+) opened
    -Link separate MIDI channel numbering per stave via Music-XML export.
    -selectable playback measure region (This would also work with save as wav file)....
    I agree with all the above.
    Single key start and stop of course.
    Easier way to copy a long and/or entire part to another instrument.
    Ability to scrub (e.g. with right mouse button in a designated area)

Fix bug if it is one: staves don't seem to hold alto/C clef for viola part when file imported. (The imported MIDI file has alto clef in the original.)(I will post this separately as a possible bug.)

I do like the simplicity of the program a lot and look forward to future enhancements.

Jon
    WinXP, 3 GHz/1.5 GB RAM. Notion, Sibelius3, GPO Studio, M-Audio 2496, Mackie 1202VLZ, Korg X5, M1.

Go Back to forum