• Register
  • Help

Topic: Any need to buy Old Lady, SG88 or Emperor?

Share/Bookmark

Any reason to buy Old Lady, SG88 or Emperor?

I wanted one of these to round out my collection which consists of TSO, WG, Seven Seas, Rain, and Black Grand (which I pretty much can't use until I get a faster computer). So easy on the CPU is important here.

Thoughts?

Re: Any need to buy Old Lady, SG88 or Emperor?

Tough question and everybody will have a different opinion but i can say that since buying TBO and Seven Seas I have yet to use my Emperor or Old Lady. Doesn't mean that I never will.
    PS. If your computer is not fast enough to use the Blac Grand, how can it manage Seven Seas?
    JP

I've found that all piano samples sound different and some work from some songs and don't work for others. I say you can never have enough piano samples (granted, being a piano player may have biased my opinion of that a little bit...)
    Tim

Quote Originally Posted by jimmymio
    Tough question and everybody will have a different opinion but i can say that since buying TBO and Seven Seas I have yet to use my Emperor or Old Lady. Doesn't mean that I never will.
    PS. If your computer is not fast enough to use the Blac Grand, how can it manage Seven Seas?
    JP
    It is 7CG Jr.

On my system OL and Emperor are not lighter on the CPU than Black Grand, although they use somewhat less RAM. And if you use the K2 sympathetic resonance scripts they actually use significantly more CPU than BG.
    Given that you already have several "budget pianos" I'd say save your money and put everything towards buying a new computer so you can start taking advantage of the full BG and upgrade your other "lite" versions.
    Rather than buying yet another budget piano (SG88).

Go Back to forum