• Register
  • Help

Topic: Some features request on the NI-Board - if you like them support them :)

Share/Bookmark

Some features request on the NI-Board - if you like them support them :)

Hi everybody,

take a look here:

http://www.native-instruments.com/fo...play.php?f=127

I made some features request...what do you think?

Best,
    Benjamin

Thumbs up Re: Some features request on the NI-Board - if you like them support them :)

Very good ideas!
    Thanks for this dynamitec.

I agree that it is important that we keep making suggestions for improvements to the KSP. NI appears to listen because they have implemented many suggestions that have been made.
    I really admire the fact that NI manages to incorporate many of the ideas presented without totally buggering up the syntax and compatibility (not an easy thing to do). I can only imagine that with time, the features of KSP will continue to expand.

I might add that using Kotori’s (Nils) Script Editor really adds features (in effect). The ability to make user function calls blew me away, but he even made it to where you can call functions within functions or “nest” them! Then it translates them to KSP in a manner that it can understand. Of course, the actual processing that is possible is dictated by the KSP itself. Still, it makes the actual programming MUCH easier and more efficient.

…2112

P.S. I really like the "group folder" idea a lot.
    "So what if some parts of life are a crap shoot? Get out there and shoot the crap." -- Neil Peart
    Hint:1.6180339887498948482 Φ

Re: Some features request on the NI-Board - if you like them support them :)

Hi Brian!

I agree: Nils Editor is really great. However: the whole inline function stuff works very well as long as the script doesn't get much longer than 3000-4000 lines. After that the Kontakt Editor (and the whole Kontakt UI) slows down so it's really pain to work with it. I often reported this problem to NI but so far there isn't anything happend. I have some scripts that are far above this limit and it's really, really pain

Best,
    Benjamin

Go Back to forum