• Register
  • Help

Topic: Mysterious Slider

Share/Bookmark

Mysterious Slider

Immediately below the input channel, polyphony indicator, etc. there is a dropdown which lists several controllers and a slider. If there is any documentation for this dropdown and slider, I have not been able to find it. At first I assumed it was a sensitivity slider for the controllers listed in the dropdown. However, that doesn't seem to work. I have tested CC#1, velocity, CC#11, and pitchbend with different values, and the slider has no effect on how they affect the sound of an alto sax.

I'm also not sure why some of the controllers are listed in the dropdown at all. Changing CC#11 doesn't appear to do anything, ditto for CC#2.

Re: Mysterious Slider

This slider in the Kontakt 1.5 Player is unused by JABB. GPO uses the same player and the optional X-Custom instruments take advantage of the slider. The 1.5 Player comes in a single pre-determined configuration from NI. Had the slider been active its function would have been explained in detail in the manual.

The about-to-be-released K2 player version of the library (it will be a free download for users) uses custom designed interfaces that contain only active controls - so the confusion will no longer occur.

Tom

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Hopkins
    This slider in the Kontakt 1.5 Player is unused by JABB.
    So, unlike the full version of Kontakt, there is no way in JABB to adjust the sensitivity of velocity and/or controller command values?

Quote Originally Posted by danika
    So, unlike the full version of Kontakt, there is no way in JABB to adjust the sensitivity of velocity and/or controller command values?
    Correct, which is one of the reasons we are looking forward to releasing the K2 version. The one exception for the K1.5 player is the X-Custom option in GPO which allows slider assignment and sensitivity adjustment. A similarly programmed folder of instruments would have been pointless effort on our part for JABB because we knew that it would become unnecessary as soon as things moved to K2. Of course, any user who has the full version of Kontakt can change anything they like in the existing programming but the 1.5 player is (intrinsically) much more limited.

Tom

Go Back to forum