Topic: "Widget" and "Splat"

Share/Bookmark

"Widget" and "Splat"

Lads and Lasses,

Here is some music that I wrote for your possible listening pleasure :

"Widget"

"Splat"

"Feedbackbackback"

I attempted no realism whatsoever. I wrote and rendered them for fun only. (I prefer to write in the 'classical' vein but I get off of the 'beaten path' sometimes.)

Regards,

Larry
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

Re: "Widget" and "Splat"

Hi Larry,

I really liked Widget and Splat. I guess our goals regarding realism are different. How are you able to crank out so much stuff?

Quote Originally Posted by js33
    Hi Larry,

I really liked Widget and Splat. I guess our goals regarding realism are different. How are you able to crank out so much stuff?
    How in the world do you think I could get 'realism' from 80s-era synthesizers? I am trying to emulate a general sound from over twenty years ago. The term 'realism' doesn't even come into play in this case. I am not obsessed with 'realism' as you apparently are.

Glad that you liked them.

I don't 'crank out' anything. I'm not a robot.

Larry
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

I didn't mean realism in relation to these tunes specifically but in general.

By realism I mean the dynamics, the way parts are played, the mixing, the quality of the drum sound and basically everything.

This is not meant to take anything away from your compositions but perhaps make them sound better. As I said our goals are probably different in this regard.

I didn't mean realism in relation to these tunes specifically but in general.

By realism I mean the dynamics, the way parts are played, the mixing, the quality of the drum sound and basically everything.

This is not meant to take anything away from your compositions but perhaps make them sound better. As I said our goals are probably different in this regard.
    Son, I am seventy-three years old with prostate cancer. I don't have a helluva lot of time left in order to strive for "realism".

Larry

Wow I had no idea you were that age. In that case you are kicking ~~~ for your age. I heard about the cancer and I hope you get well.

lol Talk about putting your foot firmly in your mouth. The back-and-fourth between Larry and js33 was funny. But as far as the recordings go, I thought they sounded great. They had a humerous quality about them.

I heard about the cancer and I hope you get well.
    Thank you. So do I.

Larry
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

Larry, you really ought to put out an
    album of this kind of material...

The Alexander Steamroller

Them Mannheim guys got nothin' on
    you.

David
    www.DavidSosnowski.com

Quote Originally Posted by etLux
    Larry, you really ought to put out an
    album of this kind of material...

The Alexander Steamroller

Them Mannheim guys got nothin' on
    you.

David
    www.DavidSosnowski.com
    Mr. Dave, I write this kind of thing in just a few minutes and it is not up to my standards. (It's probably not up to anybody's standards.)

Thanks for the thought. It is appreciated.

My best to you and Miz Sos,

Larry
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

Go Back to forum