• Register
  • Help

Topic: Giuliani; Andantino

Share/Bookmark

Arrow Giuliani; Andantino

Hello folks, I'm a new dude! Recently I've become interesed in Orchestral music. I'm certainly no expert at this stuff but really enjoy recording classical guitar with orchestral music. I've tried out a small piece by Giuliani, just a small excerpt. Any advice would be very apreciated as I really want this to sound as real as possible. It was made with EWQLSO Gold...my guitar isn't too good so the contrast is obvious.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/song...songID=4918675

Stephen

Re: Giuliani; Andantino

Hi Stephen,

quite good, especially the guitar.
    For my feeling the string part is a little bit to heavy in relationship to the guitar.
    Giulianis works are not so dramatically a bit more airiness and swing could help.

:-) Jovan
    the man with the blue guitar

Quote Originally Posted by jovan
    Hi Stephen,

quite good, especially the guitar.
    For my feeling the string part is a little bit to heavy in relationship to the guitar.
    Giulianis works are not so dramatically a bit more airiness and swing could help.

WOW! You are just the type of person I want feedback from! I was checking out your site and really enjoyed the orchestral pieces for guitar arranged by you, especially the works by Haydn. Gabriel Guillén is an excellent guitarist...love the way he turns around to acknowlenge the other players.
    unfortunatly, EWQLSO Gold dosn't have such a great range in timbre. you play a soft not but it still sounds bright and hard (just less volume). I still think it's pretty fascinating stuff but would still like something a bit more key-responsive.

Thanks for

Stephen

Hi Stephen,

there exists excellent recordings of Giulianis guitar concertos with Pepe Romero and John Williams.

One of it is "Maestro Guitar Concertos" with
    John Williams - guitar
    English Chamber Orchestra
    Sir Charles Groves - conductor

Listen to the orchestral part and you will immidiatly know what I mean.

I did a lot of transcriptions of cello, basson & oboe concerts for classical guitar.
    And that is what I'm allways doing. I listen to real performances & try to achieve a similar result with the virtual orchestra.
    Most of the string libs are to bright for this purpose because they are designed for film music.
    The best results I got came from strings of the Symphonic Cube of VSL using Vienna Instrument.

But... go ahead!

the man with the blue guitar

Go Back to forum